E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My H&R Springs Install Complete

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008 | 03:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i Black Sapphire, Sports Package, Premium Package, Anthracite Headliner, VMR 714 20x8.5 wheels, Moonroof, StoneX, Xenons, Heated Seats, Sirius, IPOD/USB, Chrome Valentine One!

So I finally got the H&R Spings installed.
I was concerned due to the high prices for install. Many places were quoting around 8 hours worth of work which equates to about $750.00

I was doomed to pay this much, maybe because the area I am in.
I found this place called Butler Tire of Alpharetta, GA they too quoted $750.00. I visited the place this weekend and found that they did alot of work on BMWs.
So with that said I took the vehicle in today to get them installed.
All day I was concerned because I really felt that I was paying double what other folks where paying.

When I picked up my BMW, it looked great, I was happy so far because it did not look like it was Slammed to the ground.

Here are the measurements:
Front Wheel Before - 26' 6/8'
Front Wheel After - 25' 7/8'
Total Loss - 7/8'

Back Wheel Before - 26' 1/4'
Back Wheel After - 25' 1/2'
Total Loss - 3/4'

Here is a picture before the install.
My H&R Springs Install Complete-beforefull.jpg

Here is a picture after the install.
My H&R Springs Install Complete-afterfull.jpg

You can see more pictures from My Album For H&R Springs

Ok so far so good.
When I paid for the service I was shocked to see the alignment sheet they gave me.
I was expecting that the alignment would not be that far off. Was I wrong, the alignment was out of spec in many areas. I asked the guy if that was normal as I only had 1200 miles on the vehicle. He stated that sometimes people drive them straight from the Dealer to him and the alignment is off

So anyway I was happy to see that it is now all good and all green (on the sheet).

Now to get in and drive off.

Was this really worth $1000 for the springs/install? I was already self conscious about the whole thing, well more like upset about that cost!
So I am on the road and I will tell you now, that I noticed a difference right away, I had not even left the parking lot!
I drove off and it felt great, I was ecstatic! The BMW rides much smoother, can you believe that!
I had purchased 20' wheels with the Run Flats and I almost felt every crack on the road. But NOW I do not!
I just cant believe it and I don't know what else to say. Was it worth $1000 to me?
Hell Yes!
TR.

PS. H&R Springs purchased from R1Racer from Trinity Autosport
Thanks for all your help and the Great Recommendation!!!
Old 07-07-2008 | 04:05 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

looks good. nice drop
Old 07-07-2008 | 04:08 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Damn Toby...looks so much better...I'm glad I could help...ENJOY it!
Old 07-07-2008 | 04:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 Porsche 911 c2s, 01 BMW 740il, 05 BMW 525i, 06 Acura TSX navi

Originally Posted by troybal' post='618348' date='Jul 7 2008, 07:55 PM
So I finally got the H&R Spings installed.
I was concerned due to the high prices for install. Many places were quoting around 8 hours worth of work which equates to about $750.00

I was doomed to pay this much, maybe because the area I am in.
I found this place called Butler Tire of Alpharetta, GA they too quoted $750.00. I visited the place this weekend and found that they did alot of work on BMWs.
So with that said I took the vehicle in today to get them installed.
All day I was concerned because I really felt that I was paying double what other folks where paying.

When I picked up my BMW, it looked great, I was happy so far because it did not look like it was Slammed to the ground.

Here are the measurements:
Front Wheel Before - 26' 6/8'
Front Wheel After - 25' 7/8'
Total Loss - 7/8'

Back Wheel Before - 26' 1/4'
Back Wheel After - 25' 1/2'
Total Loss - 3/4'

Here is a picture before the install.
Attachment 54133

Here is a picture after the install.
Attachment 54134

You can see more pictures from My Album For H&R Springs

Ok so far so good.
When I paid for the service I was shocked to see the alignment sheet they gave me.
I was expecting that the alignment would not be that far off. Was I wrong, the alignment was out of spec in many areas. I asked the guy if that was normal as I only had 1200 miles on the vehicle. He stated that sometimes people drive them straight from the Dealer to him and the alignment is off

So anyway I was happy to see that it is now all good and all green (on the sheet).

Now to get in and drive off.

Was this really worth $1000 for the springs/install? I was already self conscious about the whole thing, well more like upset about that cost!
So I am on the road and I will tell you now, that I noticed a difference right away, I had not even left the parking lot!
I drove off and it felt great, I was ecstatic! The BMW rides much smoother, can you believe that!
I had purchased 20' wheels with the Run Flats and I almost felt every crack on the road. But NOW I do not!
I just cant believe it and I don't know what else to say. Was it worth $1000 to me?
Hell Yes!
TR.

PS. H&R Springs purchased from R1Racer from Trinity Autosport
Thanks for all your help and the Great Recommendation!!!
loser!!! you should have sold them to me cheap instead of installing them. lol.

looks super man, i am really happy 4 u.
Old 07-07-2008 | 06:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i

Looks Real good! That is interesting to know alignments can be off without even messing with the suspension. Does look like the after pic is taken at a little higher angle which would give the gap an even smaller appearance. Good that you posted measurements.
Old 07-07-2008 | 07:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Great looking drop!
Old 07-07-2008 | 07:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

Holy Jeebus 1k for everything!

Glad you like it
Old 07-08-2008 | 04:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i Black Sapphire, Sports Package, Premium Package, Anthracite Headliner, VMR 714 20x8.5 wheels, Moonroof, StoneX, Xenons, Heated Seats, Sirius, IPOD/USB, Chrome Valentine One!

Originally Posted by TX-T.Silver' post='618472' date='Jul 7 2008, 10:54 PM
Looks Real good! That is interesting to know alignments can be off without even messing with the suspension. Does look like the after pic is taken at a little higher angle which would give the gap an even smaller appearance. Good that you posted measurements.
Hmm, your right on the pictures, I will try to get another one in the next day or two.
TR.