E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

my dr euro DPs

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my dr euro DPs

So the modding has begun in full swing since I have made it home from Afghanistan on Thursday night. Many of the parts I am still waiting on but my Dr Euro DPs were sitting in my garage waiting on me. At first, it was only two short pipes which I thought something was missing (I asked my wife to take pics of them, which she didn't and the package was opened) so I found a exhaust shop here in El Paso, TX to install my new toys. It took roughly 4 hours and the tech was mad, "all those damn bolts just to get to the piping" were his exact words!
First, the start up: I was expecting a race car sound as soon as I started it up, so when I started it up and it sounded pretty much like stock...that was definitely a "humph" moment. Listening to everyone's sound clip did not do these things justice as I assume it is because the videos were mainly taken close to the exhaust. Oh well.
The Drive: Of course you know I had to punch it a few good time for my butt dyno, and nothing. The car felt the same! I was very sad to say the least. I was turning around about a few blocks down the road to talk to the exhaust shop to see if they actually put them on when I saw out the corner if my eye, my hazard lights flash twice. The JB4 wasn't even on. So I punched her one more time...I thought I was going to crash. I wasn't expecting the car to act that powerful. wheels were spinning even at 2-3rd gear.
E85: Next morning, talking to the wife, I asked if she ever mixed in e85 in my car (I know, I know, dumb question). Well, that ended up in a 10 minute explanation of "why"s and "because". Needless to say, the car and I loved the pipes but she is sick right now and needs new hoses for her transmission leak (BMW wants 1,200, I think I will find a indy). Next up are a bunch of cosmetic and pretty mods so pics will follow with those. Thanks for reading!