E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My Dealer stopped selling Dinan

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I called my Dealer (which they are great) talked to my Sales Rep so I can get a few things handled. (listed below)

After talking to the Service Guy, I asked him how much it was to install the Dinan Throttle Body, the reply I got was "We received a notice from BMW and we do not sell/install Dinan any longer, and their are no parts to boost the performance of your car."

I read a small snippet about this in a thread from 2008, has anyone else heard of this?

I also asked if a Sprint Booster would void my maintenance/warranty, he said I have never heard of a SB.

(background) I bought a CPO that had almost a year maintenance left and added on the maintenance package for 6yrs 100k. For what it covers I thought it was a good deal.
My Bro has a 04 e60 and wished he would of bought the extended which sold me on it.

Here is the to do list for the dealer, in case anyone is interested:
1. clean the spots the tech left on my headliner it was there when I purchased the car, I asked them to clean it, they cleaned the rest of the car but never looked up.
2. Fix the drivers side interior light (by the handle).
The plastic bezel around the driver window switches was replaced because it was gouged at the bottom when I bought it, so they replaced the driver door bezel and reconditioned the rest. (reconditioned = a bath and repaint) but they forgot to hook the light back up.
3. Software update, because of the radio not remembering channels and every other time I start the car it either plays the CD or the radio, it has a mind of its own
3a. software update for the MP3 SIB (thanks to this board)
3b. Software update for the new Ipod adapter
4. Recall for passenger airbag (thanks to this board)

I know the software will cure most of the ails, sadly they will have my car for 2 days, but I will have a BMW loaner. I can't wait to get my car back for the weekend, I will have to investigate further about some upgrades.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Members

Is there anything I should look forward to w/ new software?

Has anyone heard more about BMW not selling Dinan, I was looking forward to getting some upgrades.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Just as a side-note, never ask your SA if a Sprint Booster will void your warranty
Old 02-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='801792' date='Feb 25 2009, 11:15 PM
Just as a side-note, never ask your SA if a Sprint Booster will void your warranty
Noted and Thanks!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='801792' date='Feb 26 2009, 05:15 AM
+1
Old 02-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Contributors

i once asked my doctor if it was ok to smoke.lol

seriously, if you're interested in any type of Dinan work....let me know,i can hook you up with my Dinan sponsor!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Members

My shop is an Authorized Dinan Dealer. My advice is don't give in to rumors on the internet, or from BMW service advisors. Yes you can install Dinan products on your vehicle without voiding your factory warranty. If you have any questions regarding Dinan products or warranty issues you can contact me at my shop any time or give Dinan a call.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Members

Shweet, Thanks for the responses.

The car is @ the dealer.

I went with a Spoiler UPG also (I felt left out, seems like everyone on the board has a tail and I don't) (all the who's in whoville have tails)

They are also going to see if they can program my Halo's for the daytime driving lights

I did press more on the Dinan issue and my SA said he would look into it. I dropped it off @ 7a today and expect it back tomorrow afternoon.

FYI The Airbag recall takes 5hrs to reprogram

They gave me a decent loaner, a 535i (with x drive) 535xi 2008
Old 02-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Members

Update, if you are interested.

Called my SA today inquiring about my ride and he said it would be next Wednesday before I get it back.

The spoiler has to get painted on Monday and then has to set for two days.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Members

Talked w/ SA Today.
My Car should be ready tomorrow, I should be able to pick it up SAT.

** News and Question ***
While talking to my Rep about Dinan parts again today, he said for me to wait 2 months for the new BMW performance parts that are coming out.

Anyone else heard of this?

Quick Reply: My Dealer stopped selling Dinan