5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   My BIG Mod Delema (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/my-big-mod-delema-70960/)

Howitzer 02-16-2009 05:15 AM

Ok I'm going friggen nuts here. I have about $1,500 to blow on the E60 and I don't want to exceed that for a while. So, I just CANNOT DECIDE what mods to get but I have it broken down into 3 "packages" that all end up being about $1,500 including labor, paint, etc:

Package 1: RPI exhaust + M-tech side skirts + black front grill (no trunk finisher, no window tints, no upgraded brakes)

Package 2: M-tech side skirts + trunk finisher + window tints + black front grill (no RPI exhaust, no upgraded brakes)

Package 3: r1concept sport rotors drilled/slotted + axxis brake pads + M-tech side skirts + black front grill (no RPI exhaust, no trunk finisher, no window tints)

In each package there is m-tech side skirts and the black front grill because I've decided I want those 100% no matter what other things I choose. What it seems to come down to is.... should I get the brake upgrades or the RPI exhaust or the trunk finisher?

Keep in mind I don't NEED new brakes for 15,000 miles and I'm on the BMW maintenance package so the more I think about it the more I kinda shy away from option 3. Option 2 is all about exterior appearance but I just keep thinking the RPI exhaust is going to sound amazing. Its a hard decision but I can't have my cake and eat it too so it has to be one of these 3 options!

HELP!!!!

Idonkare 02-16-2009 05:42 AM

Hmm...presuming you will eventually have all mods listed, Go with package 1 with a slight change, switch out the black front grill and do RPI scoops. The scoop has been a proven complement to the Muffler so if you're getting one, why not go with the other off the bat (dunno how much the black front grill is but i'm guessing for some extra dollars, the scoops can be had)

Personally, I'd do all aesthetic upgrades as engine mods on our 530 may make the car perform a tad bit better (short of pushing the car out of the Naturally Aspirated category) but the results are better felt (to me) when you look at the car...in any case...GL!

Howitzer 02-16-2009 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Idonkare' post='793916' date='Feb 16 2009, 09:42 AM
Hmm...presuming you will eventually have all mods listed, Go with package 1 with a slight change, switch out the black front grill and do RPI scoops. The scoop has been a proven complement to the Muffler so if you're getting one, why not go with the other off the bat (dunno how much the black front grill is but i'm guessing for some extra dollars, the scoops can be had)

Personally, I'd do all aesthetic upgrades as engine mods on our 530 may make the car perform a tad bit better (short of pushing the car out of the Naturally Aspirated category) but the results are better felt (to me) when you look at the car...in any case...GL!

You're a mind reader because I was really debating doing the scoop at the same time. I might as well actually just get the grill and scoop together because I think the labor cost for install would be the same. :cool:

530ISPORT 02-16-2009 05:52 AM

I VOTE FOR NUMBER 1... gl

radzM 02-16-2009 06:03 AM

pkg 1

monsterj34 02-16-2009 06:08 AM

how about give me that money??

Howitzer 02-16-2009 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by monsterj34' post='793931' date='Feb 16 2009, 11:08 AM
how about give me that money??

nope! =p

EuroCarFan 02-16-2009 06:24 AM

Numero uno

melimel 02-16-2009 06:26 AM

number 1!!!

radzM 02-16-2009 06:36 AM

How about changing package #1 to RPI exhaust, RPI scoops and Sprint Booster and probably you still have extra cash for another mod! :D

and maybe you can add HID Fogs!!!