E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My baby is going under the knief...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Oriental Metallic Blue Sports and Premium Package L7 Sound

Respect!!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

very very nice.

im liking the "miami vice" part

just being picky, just my opinion, but i think it would look better if the front kidney grills were black. just my opinion.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='535272' date='Feb 24 2008, 04:16 PM
very very nice.

im liking the "miami vice" part

just being picky, just my opinion, but i think it would look better if the front kidney grills were black. just my opinion.

It helps with the traffic out on the country highway... people often like to drive slow on the passing lane here. Also thanks for all your comments, and inputs I will take it into consideration of what to mod' along with the stage two process..

On another note: It was a successful meet today, we broke our last year's record of 24... With over 30 attended, we took some great photos. I'll be posting it soon as soon as I get them...

My beast at the lake (event location)
My baby is going under the knief...-picture_1.jpg
Old 02-24-2008, 06:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by ISHBU' post='535323' date='Feb 24 2008, 03:20 PM
It helps with the traffic out on the country highway... people often like to drive slow on the passing lane here. Also thanks for all your comments, and inputs I will take it into consideration of what to mod' along with the stage two process..
Great pic and very nice ride! So envy you mate!

So you got those police lights for clearing out the traffic?????

And regarding your stage two project, are you going to put an M3 engine in?
How about a supercharger with a decent intakes plus a remap? i think it will produce about the same bhp as the M3, but less modifications need to be made
(Of cos M3 engine is more fun)

Anyway, can't wait to see more terrific pics.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi -- took delivery January 24th, 2008 -- Space Gray w/black dakota leather interior and Bamboo Anthracite wood trim, Sport Package / Premium Package / Cold Weather Package / Logic7 / Bluetooth / IPOD / NAV / 18" Star Spoke 124s...BUT I could not resist the M Aero Kit, tinting the windows and adding front/rear blacked-out Roundels

What an amazing project...I cannot begin to imagine what you were feeling the night before or at the moment when you turned her on...I know she returned the favor!

Looking forward to more pics and maybe a mpeg of you driving her...

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='535098' date='Feb 23 2008, 05:06 PM
Looks great. What an amazing transformation!

Not to be critical but to me, the antenna looks odd painted white. In my opinion, I think it would look better painted black -- no need to call attention to it, just let it blend into the roof...

Other than that, outstanding!
I have to agree with Rudy on the antenna. I like the contrasts you were trying to achieve...the antenna looks out of place.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='535326' date='Feb 24 2008, 10:38 PM
And regarding your stage two project, are you going to put an M3 engine in?
How about a supercharger with a decent intakes plus a remap? i think it will produce about the same bhp as the M3, but less modifications need to be made
(Of cos M3 engine is more fun)
I already had DMS remaped my ECU.... A few of the car owners in thailand that has the supercharge kits for their E60's in-line 6, has encountered alot of problems... At first I thought it might be the kit, but then again i realised that it could be the level of expertise the installation crews has. Eventhough there is a risk and ultimately instability when it come to doing any thing to boost more extra power from the original engine...reasons and factors are endless, especially with these new cars with a "gazillian" computers. So I decide to go with the straight shot more powerful in-line 6 replacing another in-line 6 I currently has under the hood... ofcourse, the transmission and probably the drive shaft has too be change to take the load of the additional "ponies" under the hood... but short of buying more powerful E60, I think it's the best bet for me interms of engine.

GROUP PHOTO

My baby is going under the knief...-96568_60.jpg
Old 02-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Members

Per request, I just created a new Topic in Meet&Greet area, there are some of the first photos of the event for you all... check them out here:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=51127

Here's some of the sneak peaks of today

Group Photo
My baby is going under the knief...-96568_383.jpg

My car on the line up...
My baby is going under the knief...-96568_416.jpg

Waiting for the shoot
My baby is going under the knief...-96568_117.jpg

A Looooooong... line up
My baby is going under the knief...-96568_405.jpg
Old 02-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Contributors

Seeing those group photos is making me all tingly inside, thinking about our upcoming California meet! Wish you could be here, Ishbu! (You could clear the road of traffic ahead with those police lights! )
Old 02-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Members

My Ride: e60 m5.

wow. looks sooo sick.

whens the s54 coming in? (how much longer )
Old 02-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi -- took delivery January 24th, 2008 -- Space Gray w/black dakota leather interior and Bamboo Anthracite wood trim, Sport Package / Premium Package / Cold Weather Package / Logic7 / Bluetooth / IPOD / NAV / 18" Star Spoke 124s...BUT I could not resist the M Aero Kit, tinting the windows and adding front/rear blacked-out Roundels

Originally Posted by GoRovers' post='535394' date='Feb 24 2008, 12:30 PM
Seeing those group photos is making me all tingly inside, thinking about our upcoming California meet!
GoRovers!! No kiddin! Having said that CHITOWN...What's up? Do e60s ever get together? I know that there is a "euro" meet on Thursdays, but I would love to see that line-up of our e60s....

Quick Reply: My baby is going under the knief...