E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My 20"GFG wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 11:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

really nice
Old 09-15-2004, 01:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SkiScubaSailDude' date='Sep 15 2004, 03:21 AM
I'm with you Amigo... my 525's ride is so smooth, you could circumsize a baby in the back seat. :'(
I tried it but she wouldn't keep still..
Old 09-15-2004, 03:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Sep 14 2004, 08:14 PM
That is one thing about the 525 with regular tires. You dont feel any road noise nor any bumps.Iit is not as sporty as the 530 nor the 545 but I think it is much smoother and noiseless.

Then again who am i to talk about car. I drive a tutle. But I love it.

Sit back, driver it, listen to jazz, and enjoy.

Though I agree with you completely that a stock 525 (no sport) with the 16" donuts is the smoothest ride, I couldn't stomach the bland looking stock rims. Though the ride is a little harsher with my 19" Pirelli P Zeros and style 124 knockoffs it looks WAY better and corners much tighter. Hey the Merc E class is a smoother ride also, but isn't a sporty drive the reason we went with BMW to start with? Life is full of tradeoffs.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by redondoman' date='Sep 15 2004, 05:18 AM
[quote name='amigo525' date='Sep 14 2004, 08:14 PM'] That is one thing about the 525 with regular tires. You dont feel any road noise nor any bumps.Iit is not as? sporty as the 530 nor the 545 but I think it is much smoother and noiseless.

Then again who am i to talk about car. I drive a tutle.? But I love it.

Sit back, driver it, listen to jazz, and enjoy.

?
Though I agree with you completely that a stock 525 (no sport) with the 16" donuts is the smoothest ride, I couldn't stomach the bland looking stock rims. Though the ride is a little harsher with my 19" Pirelli P Zeros and style 124 knockoffs it looks WAY better and corners much tighter. Hey the Merc E class is a smoother ride also, but isn't a sporty drive the reason we went with BMW to start with? Life is full of tradeoffs. [/quote]
I know with bigger rimms they look much better. But I dont want to go thru the hasle of having to change them in the winter. Latetlly we are getting lots of snow in the winter. And besise if I get bigger rimms it will be something like 18 but no CHROME PLEASE. They just make the E60 or any expensive car looks so cheap..and out of touch!

my 2 cents..but those who have chrome...if you like them enjoy them..just not my taste!

No offense..but trix is for kids not for rabbit..same go to ..chrome is for honda not for bimmers!
Old 09-15-2004, 07:08 AM
Members

A bit too ghetto drug delaer for my taste. Sorry
Old 09-15-2004, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

I think 20" looks the best, but in order to balance ride/handling/appearance, 19" would of been my choice.

For some strange reason, I think your rear looks a bit raised. It makes the car look aggressive. I like that.

All being said, be carefull with those expensive rims, as we all know; curbs are not our friends.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:22 AM
Senior Members

rims look pretty tight... but i woulda gotten them not in chrome....... 20's looks perfect size on these cars..but yeah.I too have concerns about handing/ cost of tires in the future...etc.. *sigh* .........
Old 09-15-2004, 09:19 AM
Members

To each his own. I wasn't a fan of chrome either but once I saw them in person I knew i had made the right choice. Silver rims look too much like stock IMO(on a silver car.) Also I don't know how you 525i guys can stand those stock rims. I wouldn't be caught dead driving around with those shoes on!!!! As far as the ride goes it is a trade off, one that I was willing to take. I agree the 19" rims would be better performance but I am also a true believer that rims make the ride. THanks for the Welcome Alohalc
Old 09-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Members

[QUOTE]I know with bigger rimms they look much better. But I dont want to go thru the hasle of having to change them in the winter. Latetlly we are getting lots of snow in the winter. And besise if I get bigger rimms it will be something like 18 but no CHROME PLEASE. They just make the E60 or any expensive car looks so cheap..and out of touch!

my 2 cents..but those who have chrome...if you like them enjoy them..just not my taste!

No offense..but trix is for kids not for rabbit..same go to ..chrome is for honda not for bimmers!
[QUOTE]

Well you should tell all the lambo and ferrari owns that those chrome rims are for hondas.
Just like a 525i isn't my cup of tea. I opted for the 545i. Different strokes for different folks. Just my 2 cents
Old 09-15-2004, 10:14 AM
Members

The rims are nice. I am not really addicted to chrome either. But.. they don't look bad at all. Thanks god you don't have the clear rear lights. You shoud try to add the euoreflectors to.

Quick Reply: My 20"GFG wheels