E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Multi Media interface

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 03:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have recently ackquired a media interface for my E60

I connected the device to the Siemens 6.5 LCD as indicated as well as behind the standard executive radio fitted in the vehicle
The AV1, AV2, AV3 input video displays if I switch between them using the i-drive menu. However the audio does not swicth over in fact it stays on the cd or radio's sound.

Odd

Can someone assist me please

Jaco (SA)
Old 01-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i sport, stick, L7, sat, nav. Charcoal/ runflat/ cdv delete. Suede headliner/ trunk, 3 way front speakers, four 8" subs in rear shelf, ACM, iPod dock in ash tray using gateway 500 with MP3 text and video on screen, MRTM aluminum pedals/ door pins, 10 farad cap, sound processor, line conditioner, 2 amps ( 4x100 and 2x200)

Originally Posted by jaco.jvvuuren@gmail.com' post='1083395' date='Jan 3 2010, 04:56 AM
I have recently ackquired a media interface for my E60

I connected the device to the Siemens 6.5 LCD as indicated as well as behind the standard executive radio fitted in the vehicle
The AV1, AV2, AV3 input video displays if I switch between them using the i-drive menu. However the audio does not swicth over in fact it stays on the cd or radio's sound.

Odd

Can someone assist me please

Jaco (SA)

Not sure who sold it to you or if you bought it online or not. But that interface only puts video on the screen. That unit does not create an audio input. You can plug the audio out into your AUX port ( if equipped ) but would still have to switch it over to AUX manually to hear anything.