E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

mtec AE's Strobing

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i, Silver Gray Metallic on gray, Logic7,Adaptive Xenons
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

I got the mtec v2 AEs back in April and I love them...still haven't found the time/money to turn off my drl's but that's besides the point. Ever since I installed the new AE's they strobe when I turn on my car for about 5 seconds and go out until I turn them on. This is only if my lights are off, if the switch is in any of the on positions when I start the car they turn on like normal. Is this a problem? I have received no errors from the car. Though my interior lights flicker now too as do my drl's...my battery is the original so its over 6 years old now and I am replacing it before this winter. Could that be why? It is a pretty cool effect I almost wouldn't want it to go away.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

It's a feature MTEC didnt take away. THey say this tests the bulbs to ensure it works. Other companies make it NOT strobe whereas MTEC keeps it strobe.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Members

mhmmm so I see, nothing to worry about then! Now I just have to deal with the hell my friends give me for driving a bmw with "fancy blinking lights" as they put it. Needless to say I think I'm the only person in the county with a bmw less than 30yrs old...with fancy blinking lights of course!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Banned

What's the first two words in the pic for ur signature? My reading capabilities are VERY limited. LOL. Can you translate or pinyin it? Or better yet, pinyin in cantonese?
Old 07-01-2010, 06:38 AM
Members

Unfortunately I only know Mandarin so I can't help you with cantonese pinyin but its bie mo wo in mandarin, roughly translates into "don't touch me" or "can't touch me" its used as slang in china, or atleast mandarin speaking china for BMW (BieMoWo). It was made popular by some movie, don't know what movie it was but my chinese tutor told me about it. And my username PaoChe translates to race car/luxury car a broad term for high end cars like MB, porsche, and bmw.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by PaoChe
Unfortunately I only know Mandarin so I can't help you with cantonese pinyin but its bie mo wo in mandarin, roughly translates into "don't touch me" or "can't touch me" its used as slang in china, or atleast mandarin speaking china for BMW (BieMoWo). It was made popular by some movie, don't know what movie it was but my chinese tutor told me about it. And my username PaoChe translates to race car/luxury car a broad term for high end cars like MB, porsche, and bmw.
That's pretty cool. I like that.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:54 AM
Banned

ooooooo....ICIC

Originally Posted by theXman
That's pretty cool. I like that.

Hey Dave, you can read it!! What does it say in cantonese? I got the second word now! Trying to figure out the first.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:55 AM
Banned

OOOOOO. PaoChe!!! That in Chinese is sports car. Doesn't mean luxury car.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:03 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
ooooooo....ICIC

Hey Dave, you can read it!! What does it say in cantonese? I got the second word now! Trying to figure out the first.
John - the 1st word is "Don't" as a verb in chinese
  1. ?
You can check it out using the Google Translate, just type in "don't" in English, it will give you the translation into chinese (traditional).
Old 07-01-2010, 07:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

I believe the BMW light control module performs a a series of bulb checks when ignition is turned on and a single check at 180 seconds interval. Normal bulbs do not react fast enough to such low voltages and short power bursts. LED is far more sensitive and will respond.

Here is an informative post on disabling LED strobing and flashing, with a video that shows before and after coding.

E90Post: 2011 LCI Taillight Retrofit Overview - Q&A

Quick Reply: mtec AE's Strobing