E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

MP3 AUX Input Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All,

I'm a newbie to the site and I've noticed some of you guys seem to be gurus for our E60s. I have a question I hope someone can shed some light on.
Ive purchased an Retrofit AUX Input for my 06 E60. Ive tried a DIY install, however I've been unsuccessful. Ive attached the PDF to illustrate the item and directions.

I've been under the impression that the existing X13813 plug gets replace it with the AUX plug (which is an exact fit). Removing the existing X13813 plug eliminated the subs under the seats and rear speakers only the front speakers worked.
I read on another forum that the harness to the AUX Input had to be cut and spliced in the the factory harness witch made me very uncomfortable in doing, so I replaced the original plug ,put the dash back together then call it quits.

After reading the this PDF again over and over, it seems that what needs to be done is to extract the pins (wires) from the AUX Input plug and insert them into the pin location on the existing factory plug as instructed in the PDF.

My question is has anyone purchased this AUX Input and installed it successfully (via pin exaction or splicing)? I really don't want to take my dash apart again if the pin extraction method doesn't work.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
AUX_IN_en.pdf (600.0 KB, 126 views)
Old 05-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Members

Hello Crocket,
Yes I have fitted the Aux cable referenced in the attachment. I removed the pins from the cable supplied from A2 then inserted them into X13813. Do be careful when inserting them, as I got it wrong and whilst removing the blue and white wire snapped the connecter between the crimp and connector, not enough left to solder effectively. Rather than buy a new Aux lead, I managed to find the connector already crimped to a piece of black wire from BMW parts 61130005197 for £1.04 plus VAT. After soldering this on, inserting to pins 7,2 & 8, and getting the car reprogrammed, auxillary is working great.

Good luck
Dan
Old 05-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by m3dan
Hello Crocket,
Yes I have fitted the Aux cable referenced in the attachment. I removed the pins from the cable supplied from A2 then inserted them into X13813. Do be careful when inserting them, as I got it wrong and whilst removing the blue and white wire snapped the connecter between the crimp and connector, not enough left to solder effectively. Rather than buy a new Aux lead, I managed to find the connector already crimped to a piece of black wire from BMW parts 61130005197 for £1.04 plus VAT. After soldering this on, inserting to pins 7,2 & 8, and getting the car reprogrammed, auxillary is working great.

Good luck
Dan

Hi Dan
Thanks for the reply. No one replied to my ad so I when ahead and took a chance with the install. I successfully got it done however it took me a bit to get it to the dealer for programming. Ultimately it worked out and it works fine. I did a DIY for those who'd like to give it a shot.
Check out this Link..