E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Monaco Blue w/ Beige interior – Tint Advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 01:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We?ll the mobile tint guy is coming out in the a.m. and he?s bring LLumar film. I wanted Huper Opktik but I?m not driving 1 ? to Tampa for film. Three questions:

? Monaco Blue owners, or anyone, what tint percent do you have or would recommend?
? What grade of LLumar would you recommend?
? I?ve searched this site and know the potential risk with metallic film. BUT and anyone say, . . . ?Yes, I now have poor reception as a result of LLumar for or some other metallic film.?

Additionally, Monaco Blue owners feel free to post any tint examples that may not be in the e60.net gallery.

CK
Old 12-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

I'm have 35% Llumar on all 7 windows on my car for a couple of reasons:

1. It's not TOO dark where it'll attract too much attention from the cops. In the daytime it's actually almost pretty see through, but you can tell it's tinted and in the evening or overcast it's almost pitch black, especially since I keep all my rear shades up at all times.

2. I like my front and rear tints to be even where as some people have lighter tint in the front and super dark in the rear, I don't like that split look.

As for your interruption with reception issue, if you're talking about radio it shouldn't affect it in any way since the radio antenna is that little shark fin on the top rear of the roof. But if you have a radar detector then I don't know about that, could vary.

Dan
Old 12-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by cednite' post='372195' date='Dec 29 2006, 05:03 PM
We?ll the mobile tint guy is coming out in the a.m. and he?s bring LLumar film. I wanted Huper Opktik but I?m not driving 1 ? to Tampa for film. Three questions:

? Monaco Blue owners, or anyone, what tint percent do you have or would recommend?
? I?ve searched this site and know the potential risk with metallic film. BUT and anyone say, . . . ?Yes, I now have poor reception as a result of LLumar for or some other metallic film.?

Additionally, Monaco Blue owners feel free to post any tint examples that may not be in the e60.net gallery.

CK

1. Where do you live? I am in Orlando, and we have 2 Huper Optik dealers in town.

2. I have Llumar 20% film on my E60. I have Huper Optik 30% film on my E90. If I had to do both cars over again, I would go with Huper Optik. The color of the film is a nice gray color, which matches my cars perfectly. (They are Ti Gray & Sparkling Graphite) Regardless, I think the Huper Optik looks better in general, and I find that the heat rejection is superior to metallic film. I think it is worth it for you to make a trip for the right tint.

This is the Llumar 20% on my E60:

Here is a look at the Huper Optik 30% on my E90:

Look carefully and notice that the Llumar is black color, while the Huper Optik is more of a gray.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Members

I'm in Apopka. Drop some names and I'll cxl my appointment.

CK

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='372249' date='Dec 29 2006, 09:50 PM
1. Where do you live? I am in Orlando, and we have 2 Huper Optik dealers in town.

2. I have Llumar 20% film on my E60. I have Huper Optik 30% film on my E90. If I had to do both cars over again, I would go with Huper Optik. The color of the film is a nice gray color, which matches my cars perfectly. (They are Ti Gray & Sparkling Graphite) Regardless, I think the Huper Optik looks better in general, and I find that the heat rejection is superior to metallic film. I think it is worth it for you to make a trip for the right tint.
This is the Llumar 20% on my E60:

Here is a look at the Huper Optik:

Old 12-29-2006, 06:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I got mine done at Class on Glass, which is at Interstate 4 & Orange Blossom Trail.... just south of downtown Orlando.

Send an e-mail to Sam Levy. He is the distributor for Huper Optik in Florida.

huperoptikfl@att.net

He can tell you who has the tint.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by cednite' post='372195' date='Dec 29 2006, 05:03 PM

CK
I'm in Orlando, and I recently got my tint done w/ Llumar's Formula One Pinnacle Ceramic Tint 35% from Flyin' Window Tinters in Longwood. Formula One is very equal to Huper Optik. The tint job really elevated my E60 to the "Presidential" level. They can go darker than 35%. I have a Ti-Grey E60 w/ auburn insides. Total package is Slammin'.
Last time I checked there was a mobile Huper Optik installer in the area.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

I've got the Pinnacle ceramic tint which I was told is the next best thing to metallic print without messing with the radio signal. I really like it but if you wear polarized sunglasses you can see a rainbow in the tint. I went a year without knowing this since most of my sunglasses are non-polarized.

What ever you decide, defineatly go with the same % on the sides, that looks the best. I went with the darkest % on the rear window only to save my kids. This is the best of both worlds.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Contributors

I drive a Monaco Blue car with beige interior and I have Formula One Pinnacle Ceramic Tint 35% on the four door windows. On my rear window, it's 20%. IMO 20% in the back looks beautiful when cars are following you, and the side windows don't attract too much attention from cops. Looks very clean.

However, if I had a chance to redo my windows, I'd do 20% all around because 35% is still a little light.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

anyone with a silver gray e60 with tint? if so could you please post a picture? ive been debating with myself about getting my car tinted because its a light color and so are my rims and all.. not sure if it would look good. the only silver gray e60 with tint that ive seen had black rims and it still didnt look good to me.. not sure if it was just the rims. im just wondering..
Old 01-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

bump.

and i was wondering also.. i searched on threads concerning tint and unless i missed it i didnt see anyone saying anything about titanium tint? all i found was recommendations for ceramic. if anyone could chime in it would help.

Quick Reply: Monaco Blue w/ Beige interior – Tint Advice