E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

MAYBE Parting Out-Checking Interest in Buyers

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 modded the F out

I say if possible, step back from hype... give it like ?3-5 days of really enjoying your 550. (drive the F outta it and just simply cruise the streets and break necks) if the sheer joy from your 550 doesn't fill in the void of owning an M5 then just do it. Sucks that you don't have the quaife installed yet so you could really access your car at it's full potential tho, but it seems as if you already have done all the homework necessary in terms of positive gains.

Fight the urge as much as you can, but should you go the M5 route you will lose no respect from me.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 DPE S7 CF Front Splitters

What DD said! ^^
Old 07-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Modded 2010 Carbon Black M5 SMG and Modded 2008 Dinan 550i Sport

Originally Posted by BMW fanatic
Your going to buy it. Period. HAHA. It doesn't matter that you have a bad 550i. Your mind is set on that M5. Your just like me, we're never satisfied in till we know we have the best thats available. Unlike you I don't have the funds. The M5 is a beast and imagine what it will look like and run after you tweak the crap out of it.

Hahaha...you are right on with that my friend. Easy to sell yourself on stuff once you set your sights on it....hahaha
Old 07-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by devildawg712
I say if possible, step back from hype... give it like ?3-5 days of really enjoying your 550. (drive the F outta it and just simply cruise the streets and break necks) if the sheer joy from your 550 doesn't fill in the void of owning an M5 then just do it. Sucks that you don't have the quaife installed yet so you could really access your car at it's full potential tho, but it seems as if you already have done all the homework necessary in terms of positive gains.

Fight the urge as much as you can, but should you go the M5 route you will lose no respect from me.
Hey man you had your chance to call me a fool.when I WANTED you too! Hahahahahahaha Actually I am doing this all while on vacation and my car is at home. I was surfing the I.teensy and saw this bad ride online for sale at a dealer.at home. I HATE this dealer and always have so might tell them.where to go. It is just a PERFECT car. We'll know tomm. Last thing I did tonight was left him a message and lowered my offer and told.him.to.take it or not call me back.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

i skipped everyones comments as with the exception of MAYBE myself DKneyYork and one or two members, no one has owned both.

my beloved Goblin was a Stage 3 Dinan 545i with super sprint headers and full exhaust, Dinan Hi Flow intake, RPI scoops, lowered, sitting on 20" Cor Forged 3 piece wheels....aside from the automatic transmission....i was driving almost the same car as what you have now.

DO NOT think for one moment that keeping your Dinan 550i will be anything similar to owning a BEAST. they are worlds apart in every single way. they come with an entire new community of people and a new style of driving. if it is honestly within your financial means, this is a complete no brainer.

sell the shit out of those mods....put the aesthetic ones on your M5 if you like. or keep it natural sans those beautiful new HRE wheels. but dont for a second stay on the fence because you think that ur Dinan 550i is in any way comparable. period.

people will warn you about maintenance....again, if its in your means then maintenance is not an issue. i do 80% of my maintanance but have the budget to pay a shop/dealer if i liked....that went into my purchase decision. parts are much more expensive....but this thing does 200mph damn near right off the lot....its the price of entry.

there is no reason to think. just buy. (if its within your means)

the only regret i have about buying my M5 is not having the money to buy one sooner lol
Old 07-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umichchris
i skipped everyones comments as with the exception of MAYBE myself DKneyYork and one or two members, no one has owned both.

my beloved Goblin was a Stage 3 Dinan 545i with super sprint headers and full exhaust, Dinan Hi Flow intake, RPI scoops, lowered, sitting on 20" Cor Forged 3 piece wheels....aside from the automatic transmission....i was driving almost the same car as what you have now.

DO NOT think for one moment that keeping your Dinan 550i will be anything similar to owning a BEAST. they are worlds apart in every single way. they come with an entire new community of people and a new style of driving. if it is honestly within your financial means, this is a complete no brainer.

sell the shit out of those mods....put the aesthetic ones on your M5 if you like. or keep it natural sans those beautiful new HRE wheels. but dont for a second stay on the fence because you think that ur Dinan 550i is in any way comparable. period.

people will warn you about maintenance....again, if its in your means then maintenance is not an issue. i do 80% of my maintanance but have the budget to pay a shop/dealer if i liked....that went into my purchase decision. parts are much more expensive....but this thing does 200mph damn near right off the lot....its the price of entry.

there is no reason to think. just buy. (if its within your means)

the only regret i have about buying my M5 is not having the money to buy one sooner lol
Damn Chris, you are so on the money with how I feel. THIS is what I want to hear. I don't think there is ANY way to compare and "i" car to an "M" car in terms of an all out performance machine. I LOVE my car but I will LOVE an M5 with those wheels on it. All I will prob do is add those, drop it, tint the windows and add an Eisanmann exhaust system.I will keep it as OEM as possible while adding REALLY classy mods but not getting over the top.

I have the budget to buy it. I have the budget to maintain it. Not really factors. You are so right. I can sell the damn mods and never look back. Already cancelled my Quaife because the guy apparently "forgot" to order it (end up that is $3,700 worth of luck for me). I also already have the financing approved and ready to go.

Yeah...I am buying an M5. If not this one that I am looking at it will be another. Prob just gonna suck it up and get this one. Has EVERY available option in a 2010 and is the color I want-BLACK!

-Mike
Old 07-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

when you buy it, bring it home and upload some pics....i have a present for you....ill even ship it for free....a way to welcome you to the ///M club brother

(nothing grandiose tho lol)
Old 07-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umichchris
when you buy it, bring it home and upload some pics....i have a present for you....ill even ship it for free....a way to welcome you to the ///M club brother

(nothing grandiose tho lol)
hahahaha...you are the man. This dealer is such an a** I just hope I can secure it. When I first talked to the UCM and told him that I am out of town all next week he says "well I can't hold any car for a week". I told him I would sign all the papers from here and that I could afford to buy it cash so I would give him a huge deposit. Then he say "well that might work". On two previous occasions I walked right off of their lot and went to a dealer I really like and bought a car immediately. I have now bought a handful from them. You think these fools would learn that just because a guy walks on the lot wearing jeans and a t-shirt and a baseball hat that they are not always tire kickers. Wandered around their lot once for 30 mins without one salesman even saying hello. Next time another guy made some kind of racial comments (I guess that's cool to him because I am white...what a tool) and then his mgr was so hard to buy form I left. Honestly, I really don't want to buy it from him but the car is LOADED and I can't see me wanting anything more. Just in case, I do have a second one in mind. It does not have as many options but it has less than 20K miles and I love the Carbon Black (same as I have now). I don't know if it has HUD (which I have now and LOVE) so that is a hang up. I am ready to buy. I just think that the prices are very good right now and they are getting more and more scarce so now that I have found a couple that I like I need to scoop one up.

btw...this is EXACTLY what my wife said I would do about $15K in mods ago. Sh says "are you sure you shouldn't just buy an M5 and fix that up because in a year you will do that". Turns out I made it 90 days!-hahahaha
Old 07-27-2012, 10:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Well there u have it. No further discussion needed. Close this thread and start a new one when u get back......WITH your beautiful new M5
Old 07-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Well there u have it. No further discussion needed. Close this thread and start a new one when u get back......WITH your beautiful new M5

hahahhahahahahahaha! Trust me bro I HIGHLY respect your opinion or I wouldn't ask for it so much. Prob is hat I just know myself well enough to know that I will always do the irresponsible thing.

Gotta keep this open cause it looks like I will need to sell my mods. It is not a done deal by any means yet.Not easy to do from out of town and I am an SOB when it comes to getting what I want from dealers. There is ALWAYS another car but there is not always another good buyer. LOTS of 2009 M5s will be coming off of lease and wanting the F10 since it is due out in Sept. I can wait. And I am not opposed to making a cross country trip to pick up the right car. In fact, would love it. I can imagine a lot worse things than driving from CA to GA in a sweet M5. :-) Got transportation too so I can de-mod my car in the meantime if necessary or sit around a sell the whole car.

Here will be my list of mods:

Paint it frost grey
Vorsteiner Hood
Drop it for perfect stance

lol! LOVE your car bro. wouldn't dare copy ya...only kidding.

Quick Reply: MAYBE Parting Out-Checking Interest in Buyers