E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Magnaflow for 535xi 2008 good ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow for 535xi 2008 good ?

Hey
So I'm thinking about getting a magnaflow for my 535xi it's this a good sounding exhaust ? Thanks for your answers
Old 04-10-2013, 10:23 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 BMW 535 X-Drive | Sport, Premium, Cold, Nav | OEM MTech Kit | MTech V3 3.0 AE | RDash Plate Lights | Interior LED | 6000K Fogs | SAT Retrofit | Continental DWS | Jehnert Speakers | Gloss Vinyl Roof | Custom Ambient Amber Match LED Interior |

Yes, I'm interested in this too for my 535xi.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Members

Yeah ,e too for my 525xi.

Where can i get a good pair of black kidneys?
Old 04-10-2013, 05:22 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 BMW 535 X-Drive | Sport, Premium, Cold, Nav | OEM MTech Kit | MTech V3 3.0 AE | RDash Plate Lights | Interior LED | 6000K Fogs | SAT Retrofit | Continental DWS | Jehnert Speakers | Gloss Vinyl Roof | Custom Ambient Amber Match LED Interior |

Nice NYC crowd! I'm selling my black kidneys, got them from Trinity Autosport for $60. Been on car exactly 1 month (i have the emails showing when i purchased them from Eloy) but switching out for high gloss kidneys. $40 and local meet since we're both Queens.

Jayce-I'm looking into dual single custom exhaust like E9x's and F series but if I don't go that route and this works, ill join u and maybe we can do group buy discount or at least on install.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Members

My Ride: A4
Model Year: 2017
Default My MagnaFlow Experience

I have the MagnaFlow Exhaust Products 16553 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System that I purchased from Amazon last year. Although I have received compliments from those that have heard it from the outside, I can say the thing drones. I had a Corsa exhaust for my 335i that was great and had no drone, so the MagnaFlow is a bit annoying in that matter. I installed this back in June and I am not so displeased that I will change it, but if I had to do it over again, I might have saved my coins for a different brand.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by Nyulak
I have the MagnaFlow Exhaust Products 16553 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System that I purchased from Amazon last year. Although I have received compliments from those that have heard it from the outside, I can say the thing drones. I had a Corsa exhaust for my 335i that was great and had no drone, so the MagnaFlow is a bit annoying in that matter. I installed this back in June and I am not so displeased that I will change it, but if I had to do it over again, I might have saved my coins for a different brand.
Exactly, I recently added Magnflow duals to my 535 and at cruise speeds there is a very annoying drone... I'm looking into adding a set of diffusers or perhaps something else to help with this. Buy a Dinan, they sound incredible and you don't have these issues.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Members

Yeah I'm still thinking wat to do because I want to go with dual exhaust as well but since I have and XI model I don't have a lot of options out there so in still thinking what should I do
Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by KSwag
Nice NYC crowd! I'm selling my black kidneys, got them from Trinity Autosport for $60. Been on car exactly 1 month (i have the emails showing when i purchased them from Eloy) but switching out for high gloss kidneys. $40 and local meet since we're both Queens.

Jayce-I'm looking into dual single custom exhaust like E9x's and F series but if I don't go that route and this works, ill join u and maybe we can do group buy discount or at least on install.

If u find a deal for the dual single ill join you !! Because I want that look as well so let me know
Old 04-11-2013, 12:12 PM
New Members

Well, the dual look is achievable while being operational like tonyb635 (btw, nice thread and beautiful set up, sorry to hear about the drone). The trick is based on the rear of the E60 stock or body M5/M Tech bumper, what kind of single tips do you use to fill out the exhaust cut-outs and what type of bumper modification do you need to fill in the whole a bit more? Do you go for wide oval tips, square (I don't think this will work based on the round and aggressive nature of the rear of the E60) or just larger 3" tips?

I certainly want an exhaust with a deeper and throatier tone, but just slightly louder than stock but the single left side bothers me.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:18 AM
New Members

My Ride: 535xit
Model Year: 08

Anyone ever find a way to cut back the drone on the Magnaflows?

Quick Reply: Magnaflow for 535xi 2008 good ?