E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M5tech PDC on non-PDC car- Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of the threads that I searched for had links to covers that expired. Is there anyway to cover the PDC sensor holes with some sort of cap or aftermarket sensor/cover?

What are the chances of this cracking if I get it filled in at a body shop? and what about costs for this job?
I'm already getting it painted and installed at a body shop, but they were closed today so I didn't know how much extra it would be..
Any help would be appreciative. thanks

edit- Front Bumper
Old 08-04-2012, 04:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Most likely any repair in filling the holes will be visible and will crack sooner or later. When I was bumper shopping I had considered a PDC bumper and my thought were to just put in some sensors to fill the holes. Do you think anyone really notice? Ok, maybe if they go back and forth to the front and rear and have an eye for detail, but I doubt it would ever be noticed. Now on the other hand, when they start to crack or fall out, flake away, I am sure it would be noticed by most. I honestly don't think anyone would call you a poser of this...
Old 08-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Most likely any repair in filling the holes will be visible and will crack sooner or later. When I was bumper shopping I had considered a PDC bumper and my thought were to just put in some sensors to fill the holes. Do you think anyone really notice? Ok, maybe if they go back and forth to the front and rear and have an eye for detail, but I doubt it would ever be noticed. Now on the other hand, when they start to crack or fall out, flake away, I am sure it would be noticed by most. I honestly don't think anyone would call you a poser of this...
Do you know where I can get the sensors for cheap, even ones that dont work? Just so I can use them as placeholders?
Old 08-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Not sure. Maybe here on the classifieds or perhaps ebay. I wouldn't even consider filling them. If it's an OEM bumper then the material is PP I hear Umnitza MTech front is ABS which is better for adhesion. PP would required it to be flamed and even then I am not so sure how long it would hold up. That's why I suggested the sensors. i hear there are also caps plugs available but don't know where to get them.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Not sure. Maybe here on the classifieds or perhaps ebay. I wouldn't even consider filling them. If it's an OEM bumper then the material is PP I hear Umnitza MTech front is ABS which is better for adhesion. PP would required it to be flamed and even then I am not so sure how long it would hold up. That's why I suggested the sensors. i hear there are also caps plugs available but don't know where to get them.
OK I have found these from another old thread. Do you know what diameter of the PDC hole is? Will any of these fit?
Ive head there are two different sizes? 18mm and 24mm?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-Black-Lo...ht_2573wt_1305
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Plasti...ht_2573wt_1305
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Pieces-B...ht_2573wt_1305