E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M5 wheels for E60

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by jey5ive' post='1091040' date='Jan 14 2010, 07:33 PM
I thinmk he said they're takoff's not Knockoffs....

and btw - i'm running OEM M5 166's on my car with absolutely NO issues at all. But I think I want to get a new set of wheels....
Oops, I had thought takeoffs meant the same as knockoffs.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='1091057' date='Jan 14 2010, 08:01 PM
Oops, I had thought takeoffs meant the same as knockoffs.
quit staring at your sig and take the time to read the posts

PEC1: I am running that exact set-up including tire sizes on my 535i...good to go and enjoy...I might suggest investing in a set of low dust brake pads like Hawk (pm member acuteperformance) or posi-quiets (pm Neweezy or Trinity Autosport).

Multispoke wheels are a PITA to keep clean, low dust brake pads make a world of difference....
Old 01-15-2010, 05:38 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i, Mystic Blue over Auburn, 6-Manual, Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Logic 7, Nav, Sirius, MTec Front & Sides with M5 rear apron, VIS Penta carbon fiber vented hood, OEM M166s, (or Style 101M with winter 19 Blizzaks), BMW Blue Calipers, Custom Quad Exhaust and M5 side grills, trunk finisher and spoiler. Rogue Octane SSK/WSR and Zeckhausen CDV, BMW illuminated shift knob, Delivered 4/26/06 - Ordered 3/18/06 from Otto's (the Best) BMW Dealership.

Originally Posted by PEC1' post='1090821' date='Jan 14 2010, 06:10 PM
Hello all, an E60 newbie here. Just got my 2009 Deep Sea Blue Metallic 535i on Monday. I continue to be surprised at how fast this car is. Can't imagine what she would run if chipped...

Anyway, I bought some takeoff M5 rims with Dunlop 245/35/19 front, 275/30/19 rear. Called my local BMW SA who advised he "cannot" and "will not" put them on for me because the tires will "definitely" rub the wheelwell. (He also refused to transfer the TPMS bands, but that's another story.)

If this has been asked before, I apologize, but can anyone advise:

1. will these M5 wheels fit my 535i as is, i.e., no spacers required; and

2. if not, what size spacer do I need?

I understand the cosmetic purpose of the spacers, but I'd rather not mess with them unless I have to. I thought I had this issue cleared up based on research from another BMW forum, but perhaps not.

Thanks!
FLAME ON....
This kind of dealer arrogance amazes me- Forget the fact that he is just flat out wrong and that it's an easy piece of knowledge to learn for anyone intellectually curious about a BMW ... isn't that the dealer's job?. The real issue to me though is the customer focus this idiot is demonstrating- he should be flagged and fired for this attitude coupled with his lack of humility that he couldn't be wrong about this. My dealer is great and this wouldn't happen- but if it did I'd be on the phone with the owner in a heartbeat.

You will have to deal with this guy again- do you want to with him on such a fine investment? When the phone survey comes from BMW-NA asking about this jerk you'd better maul him for us so we can help rid the industy of this type of dealer. I know there are a lot of complaints like this but we have to start somewhere.

Just my opinion but I'm getting too old to take this type of arragant crap.

FLAME OFF...
Old 01-15-2010, 05:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i, Mystic Blue over Auburn, 6-Manual, Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Logic 7, Nav, Sirius, MTec Front & Sides with M5 rear apron, VIS Penta carbon fiber vented hood, OEM M166s, (or Style 101M with winter 19 Blizzaks), BMW Blue Calipers, Custom Quad Exhaust and M5 side grills, trunk finisher and spoiler. Rogue Octane SSK/WSR and Zeckhausen CDV, BMW illuminated shift knob, Delivered 4/26/06 - Ordered 3/18/06 from Otto's (the Best) BMW Dealership.

Originally Posted by TAJARO' post='1091247' date='Jan 15 2010, 09:38 AM
FLAME ON....
This kind of dealer arrogance amazes me- Forget the fact that he is just flat out wrong and that it's an easy piece of knowledge to learn for anyone intellectually curious about a BMW ... isn't that the dealer's job?. The real issue to me though is the customer focus this idiot is demonstrating- he should be flagged and fired for this attitude coupled with his lack of humility that he couldn't be wrong about this. My dealer is great and this wouldn't happen- but if it did I'd be on the phone with the owner in a heartbeat.

You will have to deal with this guy again- do you want to with him on such a fine investment? When the phone survey comes from BMW-NA asking about this jerk you'd better maul him for us so we can help rid the industy of this type of dealer. I know there are a lot of complaints like this but we have to start somewhere.

Just my opinion but I'm getting too old to take this type of arragant crap.

FLAME OFF...
Oh- and sorry PEC1 - WELCOME TO THE FORUM- you'll love it here I'm sure! Cheers.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i, Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Grey Dakota Leather, OEM Style 166 rims, Dunlop Direzza 245/35/19 front, 275/30/19 rear, 35% tint sides, 20% tint rear.

I appreciate all the kind words and encouragement. Couple of quick comments:

1. My new rims are "takeoffs" not "knockoffs." It is supposed to rain here in New Orleans so I'll post pics after I give her a good cleaning and wax with Maguiar's NXT 2.0 liquid.

2. Agree wholeheartedly on the idiocy of my local dealer. The problem is that there is only one BMW dealer in the entire New Orleans area. Thus, because they have the market covered, they have a serious Napoleon complex. Want to try and make a deal on a new car? "$100 below sticker" is the usual response. Want to add new rims, satellite radio or, heaven forbid, navigation? "That won't work" is their retort.

Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but boy do they have some work to do on the post-sale customer service end.

Thanks all,

Patrick
Old 01-19-2010, 12:12 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

166 FTW! Good choice
Old 02-03-2010, 05:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by PEC1
Hello all, an E60 newbie here. Just got my 2009 Deep Sea Blue Metallic 535i on Monday. I continue to be surprised at how fast this car is. Can't imagine what she would run if chipped...

Anyway, I bought some takeoff M5 rims with Dunlop 245/35/19 front, 275/30/19 rear. Called my local BMW SA who advised he "cannot" and "will not" put them on for me because the tires will "definitely" rub the wheelwell. (He also refused to transfer the TPMS bands, but that's another story.)

If this has been asked before, I apologize, but can anyone advise:

1. will these M5 wheels fit my 535i as is, i.e., no spacers required; and

2. if not, what size spacer do I need?

I understand the cosmetic purpose of the spacers, but I'd rather not mess with them unless I have to. I thought I had this issue cleared up based on research from another BMW forum, but perhaps not.

Thanks!

Running OEM M5's on my 2007 535am sport with those tire sizes and had no probs whatsoever . The sport I understand has lower Mtech suspension but still no tyre rubbing . I bought a set of the M5 reps , 19 inch , again with those tyre sizes . Drove home from the garage , no probs at all . The problem came when I logged on my PC and found a set of virtually brand new OEM M5's for sale with new tyres . Needless to say I bagged these puppies and had them on my car 2 days later ! Sooooooo I now have a set of brand new M5 reps with brand new tyres sulking in my garage .

M5 wheels for E60-copy-m5-wheels-057.jpg

M5 wheels for E60-m5-wheels-086.jpg

M5 wheels for E60-m5-reps-007.jpg