E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M5 Rear Installed With Custom Magnaflow Quads

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,
Red face

Over the weekend I installed my M5 Rear with custom Magnaflow 14862 quads. I deleted the square resonator. Resonator was cut off right after OEM Y-Pipe with oval outlet. Made an oval'ed round adapter to fit in the round inlet of the Magnaflow 14862 single inlet, which is One In, Two Out exhaust. Each outlet runs to each side of the car in the rear, Driver's & Passenger's side. Tips are 3" Double walled, Eisenmann Stamped, dual, staggered, angled slightly inwards to fill out the space just a tad bit more "IMO this also gives it a more aggressive look).

Before I installed the quads I had the Magnaflow 14862 installed to hear how it would sound. It was a direct swap of the OEM exhaust with the Magnaflow, no resonator deletes. The sound was nice, but the sound had a good amount of droning sound. Also the sound was heard coming out from the ends where the tips where. Now with the Magnaflow replacing the resonator, the sound comes from closer towards the engine of the car more so then where the tips are "IMO it sounds more beasty this way" ; is more throaty and has almost zero drone with a more noticeable European F1 Sound (in the same sense as a Eisenmann would sound). The sound has a pleasant presence, and when given gas it growls very well!

Use Head phones if possible. ENJOY!!!

Here's the Magnaflow before I turned them into quads. http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q168/pd...nt=MOV00154.flv

Here's the Quads VID Link from the side rear of the car: http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q168/pd...nt=MOV00156.flv
BTW: The LED License Plate Lights are from TRINITY!!!

Here's the VID with the quads windows up Link: http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q168/pd...t=windowsup.flv

M5 Rear Installed With Custom Magnaflow Quads-m5_quads_3.jpg

M5 Rear Installed With Custom Magnaflow Quads-m5_quads_5.jpg

M5 Rear Installed With Custom Magnaflow Quads-m5_quads_7.jpg

M5 Rear Installed With Custom Magnaflow Quads-m5_quads_4.jpg

M5 Rear Installed With Custom Magnaflow Quads-m5_quads_2.jpg
Old 11-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Dude sick!!! I didn't know you were going to do this...What model is your car? PM me how much all of this ran you price wise. Did you install it yourself?
Old 11-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Nice setup. We should get together and see how it sounds in person? BTW, you need to get the center black thing for your bumper to cover up the spare tire housing.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='716581' date='Nov 9 2008, 10:29 PM
Dude sick!!! I didn't know you were going to do this...What model is your car? PM me how much all of this ran you price wise. Did you install it yourself?

Hey whats up Phil and all, My car is just a 530i nothing too special, no modds to the engine at all, no filters or anything. just the magnaflow 14862. I bought my magnaflow used from one of our Seasoned Members here who had it on his E60 545i. The install was done buy a 15 year old family shop here who specializes in custom exhaust. The install of the custom exhaust was fairly cheap. under $200. The rear bumper was painted/installed at my cousins body shop, cost for paint and install was $200. The rear bumper itself was more costly. The rear cover, 2 support brackets from my local dealer with my discount it cost me $645 after tax. In all one of the more expensive mods, but definitely one of the most dramatic upgrades I have done to my car. Very happy with the outcome!
Old 11-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='716583' date='Nov 9 2008, 10:30 PM
Nice setup. We should get together and see how it sounds in person? BTW, you need to get the center black thing for your bumper to cover up the spare tire housing.
Yeah I ordered the part, but the dealer miss ordered the wrong one. The one He gave me must of been for a different year M5 rear because the mounting tabs did not fit with one another.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Love it! Looks and sounds great!
Old 11-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='716592' date='Nov 9 2008, 10:44 PM
Love it! Looks and sounds great!
Thanks C! I can't wait to get a cover for the rear diffuser area, I hate how I can see whats behind the the tips and all. Once I get that done I will be more satisfied.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by AKAlius' post='716595' date='Nov 9 2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks C! I can't wait to get a cover for the rear diffuser area, I hate how I can see whats behind the the tips and all. Once I get that done I will be more satisfied.
Ha! I'm right there with you. I'm getting the Hartge Rear Diffuser, just for this reason. We think alike.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='716596' date='Nov 9 2008, 10:48 PM
Ha! I'm right there with you. I'm getting the Hartge Rear Diffuser, just for this reason. We think alike.

Sweet that is too on my To Do List. Hartge has a very aggressive effect on the 5 Series looks! Post pics for us bud when you do.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

Looks great Phi. The rear looks too high, time for a drop!

Quick Reply: M5 Rear Installed With Custom Magnaflow Quads