E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

m5 rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

thts why u buy the mtech one, not m5tech
Old 12-15-2011, 05:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 525xi

Originally Posted by umnitza
We recommend putting some light pressure on that area overnight, it will straighten right up.
If you guys are aware of an obvious design flaw in your models, why don't you fix it before putting more into production?
Old 12-15-2011, 08:20 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Ricapar
If you guys are aware of an obvious design flaw in your models, why don't you fix it before putting more into production?
How do you know it's a design flaw? The way we see it it's more of a shipping/packaging/inventory stacking issue <-- something we have long since addressed on our side but....while we may be one of the largest importers on the west coast and THE distributor for this product directly, we don't manufacture the parts ourselves.

So a relatively simple bit of work sets up the bumper the way you want it, though honestly, the majority of the complaints are on here, we've sold probably over 200 of these rear bumpers, very few people have issues.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ricapar
^^ agree
Old 12-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Members

My Ride: bullshit
Model Year: 2010

Well guys, I'm not the most mechanically inclinded guy in the world, but I reckon myself pretty smart.

So I thought I could maybe "push" the bend out. So I looked for a small, sturdy, adjustable, preferrably black stick of some sort
to straighten out that bend.

And then it hit me. LEGOS!

I measured it up, used as many of the bricks as I could to get close and then the flat ones to "fine tune" the height. I wrapped
it in black vinyl, used 3m double sided tape and then I just shoved it in there and voila!

After pics:

Old 12-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i, Sport, Premium, Navi, Comfort Access, USB/iPod Bluetooth, Cold Weather Package, Bi Xenon Cornering Headlights

I'm not going to lie, for a home made fix, you're the man lol. I just hope it stays put and doesnt fall off, air turbulence, vibrations etc. can blow that off pretty easily.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Yeah man its not a design flaw. I had the same problem, after a few days its perfectly fine. My rear is perfect now, no issues, I guess it stretches out once its on the car.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Yeah man its not a design flaw. I had the same problem, after a few days its perfectly fine. My rear is perfect now, no issues, I guess it stretches out once its on the car.
What! Haha!

- Antti -
Old 12-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Tell me my eyes are playing tricks on me, but I do see the same bend on Umnitza product pages? both the m5 rear bumper product image and the quad exhaust product image?
Old 12-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Members

My Ride: bullshit
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by NYAWE60
I'm not going to lie, for a home made fix, you're the man lol. I just hope it stays put and doesnt fall off, air turbulence, vibrations etc. can blow that off pretty easily.
So far so good. I made it such a tight fit that I had to hit it into place. The 3m tape was just icing. *fingers crossed* I suppose if it straightens out then it probably would fall out, but then it wouldnt be needed anymore

Originally Posted by Gizzler
Tell me my eyes are playing tricks on me, but I do see the same bend on Umnitza product pages? both the m5 rear bumper product image and the quad exhaust product image?
+1

Quick Reply: m5 rear bumper