E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M5 mirrors retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Hey Alpine550,

I'm the one (located in the Silicon Valley area) who purchased a set of the //M5 mirrors from Roveractive (BMW eBay seller) but was surprised to find that the wiring harness was indeed different than what I had on my stock E60 mirrors.

I don't fault Roveractive for the snag. I should have done more research. We all know that in the U.S. we don't have the *folding* option; however, all other options (auto dimming, memory, auto fold-down mirror on the passenger side when you select reverse, heated) should work.

The key word here, is *should*. Unfortunately, when I plugged in the one plug that was *exactly* like my E60 stock mirrors nothing happened. And yes...I had power/ignition on.

I then again plugged in my stock E60 mirror *again* and it worked. So something mysterious with the //M5 mirrors.

So for now, I have these "way cool looking" mirrors but I can't get them to work.

My search for the solution is in progress.

Let's keep in touch. If I find a solution I will share it with everyone here.
Good Luck.
Cooltones