E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)
Continuing my OEM and "executive" on the outside theme, but not being able to resist the urge to mod my car, I finally gave in and purchased a set of OEM M5 Mirrors
IMHO they have transformed the look and the feel of the car. Everytime I look in the mirrors -- which I know BMW drivers are not meant to do -- I see these awesome sports mirrors, which in turn really enhances the sports car feel about the E61... LOVE IT !!
I bought the mirrors from Schmiedmann for EUR775,- and paid an additional EUR150,- to have them painted too.

Being in the middle of a modding urge, I also went ahead and purchased a set of Angle Eyes and Licence Plate LEDs from John, aka member "brabusw209amg". They simply give a cleaner look IMHO and really complement the blue/black of my Carbon Black paint. A great and simple mod.
I was told John was a good seller, but he really did exceed my expectations; very swift and helpful replies, and good packaging & product. Many thanks John, much appreciated

Here are the pics -- what do you think?

BEFORE M5 MIRRORS:
Picture taken in Copenhagen.
M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_3742p.jpg

AFTER M5 MIRRORS:
Pictures taken on the island of Gotland, Sweden.
M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_7178p.jpg
M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_7179p.jpg
M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_7180p.jpg
M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_7181p.jpg

DURING ANGLE EYE INSTALL:
M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_7187b4.jpg
M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_7188b4.jpg

AFTER ANGLE EYE INSTALL:
M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_7195after.jpg

RANDOM PICS WITH BOTH M5 MIRRORS AND AEs:
M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_7229mirror.jpg
M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_7202evil2.jpg
M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_7205c.jpg

more pictures in post below...
Old 08-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Your E61 looks great!! And the mirrors make a huge difference.

Congrats on the mods.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Congrats - everything looks top notch!

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='988998' date='Aug 26 2009, 04:19 AM
did ^this red^ happen by accident?
Old 08-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='989002' date='Aug 26 2009, 04:24 AM
it has to be from the camera or it was done with photo editing software.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

MORE PICS WITH BOTH M5 MIRRORS AND AEs:

This is my attempt at being arty, but no photoshop to tidy it up! What do you think?

M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_7268red.jpg

I used the "paint tail pipes black" DIY as inspiration to clean my tail pipes; simple, effective and was desperately needed!
M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_7280red.jpg

M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_7245red.jpg

M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_7247red3.jpg

M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_7249red.jpg

M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_7262red.jpg

M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs-img_7278red.jpg
Old 08-26-2009, 12:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='989002' date='Aug 26 2009, 10:24 AM

Thanks!

I would love to claim that it was my genious photographic editing skills that resulted in this photo, but the truth is that it was pure luck with my Canon IXUS "point and shoot" camera
Old 08-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='989001' date='Aug 26 2009, 10:24 AM
Your E61 looks great!! And the mirrors make a huge difference.

Congrats on the mods.

Thanks mate. After seeing your E61 at the Meet earlier in the year and talking mods, I knew I had to get those mirrors and lights
Old 08-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

You'd be surprised how much more professional your photos will start looking if you splurged on a proper DSLR camera...

I like the "artsy" pics you posted btw, but I think you need to go back there with a proper camera where you can adjust settings to get rid of the washed out effect. I don't know that your point-n-shoot cam would be able to give you that kind of control. But the whole theme of the reflections of the neon sign on the dark car is a great avenue to explore. I, for one, urge you to pursue perfection on this one - especially, that it seems you're not that far off already. If you really need a reason to go back out there for a shoot, just do another mod
Old 08-26-2009, 12:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='989010' date='Aug 26 2009, 10:38 AM
You'd be surprised how much more professional your photos will start looking if you splurged on a proper DSLR camera...

I like the "artsy" pics you posted btw, but I think you need to go back there with a proper camera where you can adjust settings to get rid of the washed out effect. I don't know that your point-n-shoot cam would be able to give you that kind of control. But the whole theme of the reflections of the neon sign on the dark car is a great avenue to explore. I, for one, urge you to pursue perfection on this one - especially, that it seems you're not that far off already. If you really need a reason to go back out there for a shoot, just do another mod
Thanks for the feedback / advice V. I will take another look at what the camera can do and maybe try to get my hands on photoshop. It was by pure chance last night that I saw that wall with the neons, so wasn't really very prepared... and was blocking the exit
Old 08-26-2009, 03:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='989002' date='Aug 26 2009, 10:24 AM

Very nice.
This pic look like a terminater-eye

Quick Reply: M5 Mirrors and Angle Eyes + Licence plate LEDs