E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M5 Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be receiving my M5 mirrors soon but now need to know if I will need to replace the door switch modules in order for the tilt-up funtion to work. Has anyone in the U.S. had these mirrors installed, and did the tilt up function work without the additional button on the door for the tilt-up? Thanks.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Black,
I also mentioned this in the other M5 mirrors thread, but...

Since you are going to be in Germany next week, could you get the price of the mirrors there? This is assuming the mirrors will fit a US spec e60 (I don't see why it wouldn't).

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Contributors

Centurion,

I'll get the price for you from Germany...although I'm not going until the first week of October. Also, I just spoke to Justin from Rover Active. I guess I'm the first one from the U.S. who has purchased the M5 mirrors from him. So I think I'm stuck with them until I can figure out what I need to replace in my car to make the folding function work. Sucks, but one way or another, I'm going to make them work!
Old 09-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Members

where can i get the m5 mirrors ? anybody knows ? please help
Old 09-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Blackonblackonblack' date='Sep 5 2005, 03:30 PM
Centurion,

I'll get the price for you from Germany...although I'm not going until the first week of October.? Also, I just spoke to Justin from Rover Active.? I guess I'm the first one from the U.S. who has purchased the M5 mirrors from him.? So I think I'm stuck with them until I can figure out what I need to replace in my car to make the folding function work.? Sucks, but one way or another, I'm going to make them work!
[snapback]167251[/snapback]
I hear ya. You dropped some serious cash for this...I would want all the functions working as well.

Just a wild guess...
If the mirrors can fold using the key fob, my guess would be if you held the key in the lock position while in the door's key slot. You know, the same way you would if you wanted to roll the windows up while outside the vehicle.
I'd gladly settle for this myself if it was too much of a hassle or too much money to get the extra button in your cabin.

Thanks for agreeing to check on the price in Germany.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by lukmito' date='Sep 5 2005, 10:00 PM
where can i get the m5 mirrors ? anybody knows ? please help
[snapback]167334[/snapback]
Lukmito:

If you're in the U.S. I would recommend not buying the M5 mirrors yet...at least not until the M5 comes to the U.S. I just bought a pair and now may have to buy the door handle module that includes the button for the mirrors to fold...unless of course you want to buy the mirrors without the folding option. PM me if you're still interested.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Contributors

Centurion:

I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I receive my mirrors this week. I could have the shop try one mirror out...and see if it works with just the key fob. Or, if I can get a hold of a tech in Germany and ask what my options are before I waste my time trying to install the mirrors without the door module - I'd rather do that. BTW are we ever going to see you on one of our So. Cal Meet & Greets?
Old 09-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by Centurion' date='Sep 6 2005, 06:02 AM
[quote name='Blackonblackonblack' date='Sep 5 2005, 03:30 PM']Centurion,

I'll get the price for you from Germany...although I'm not going until the first week of October.? Also, I just spoke to Justin from Rover Active.? I guess I'm the first one from the U.S. who has purchased the M5 mirrors from him.? So I think I'm stuck with them until I can figure out what I need to replace in my car to make the folding function work.? Sucks, but one way or another, I'm going to make them work!
[snapback]167251[/snapback]
I hear ya. You dropped some serious cash for this...I would want all the functions working as well.

Just a wild guess...
If the mirrors can fold using the key fob, my guess would be if you held the key in the lock position while in the door's key slot. You know, the same way you would if you wanted to roll the windows up while outside the vehicle.
I'd gladly settle for this myself if it was too much of a hassle or too much money to get the extra button in your cabin.

Thanks for agreeing to check on the price in Germany.
[snapback]167347[/snapback]
[/quote]
Hey putting M5 mirrors on a non M car hehehe
Old 09-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Contributors

Hey putting M5 mirrors on a non M car hehehe
[snapback]167768[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, I like gadgets...not trying to be an M5...kinda like de-badging. I like putting stuff on, you like taking stuff off!
Old 09-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by norham' date='Sep 6 2005, 10:51 PM
Hey putting M5 mirrors on a non M car? ? hehehe
[snapback]167768[/snapback]
Never said I was going to put an ///M badge on the car.

Quick Reply: M5 Mirrors