E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M5 Look Alike...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Centurion' date='Jul 13 2005, 01:11 PM
MikeeMac,

Great looking car!
You've got the right idea in achieving your goal, however, I would have to agree with many others here in saying that you should NOT put the ///M5 badge on your car.

Understand that when you are done, the only ones who will recognize that your car is not a 'true' M5 are the auto enthusiasts and/or the BMW fans.? For these people, recognizing that your car is not an M5 but seeing an M5 badge is somewhat embarassing for you.? Without the M5 badge, I think enthusiasts are more likely to appreciate your work.

Now, let's talk about the general public.? These people will not be able to tell the difference and may even think your car is an M5 debadged.?

Of course, everything I'm saying should be taken with a grain of salt since it is my opinion only.

Goodluck with your project and show us some pics once everything is put together.?
[snapback]148717[/snapback]
Well said!
Old 07-16-2005, 04:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by MikeeMac' date='Jun 18 2005, 09:06 AM
HI there...? I've just ordered the E60 535D Sport with the 172 style 19's and all the M Accessories i could get my hands on..? And it's at the Garage Waiting for me....? But i want to go all over board on the M5 look!!

I would like to find a link that will show me the part numbers for the M5 Wings, The M5 Rear Bumper, and the M5 Mirrors..

I have a Company Near by that Build Exhast systems to fit any shape or size.. so i'm gunna root 4 pipes out the back, to replicate the M5 Rear End..

In all...? the Tractor Sounding Diesel 535 DMS tuned Fiver will Look Exactly Like an M5 except i'm rolling on The 19" 172 style BMW rim, and not the M5 Rims..? But in all honesty, and after seeing both side by side.. i recon the 172 19" rim is my kind of rim...? it's Loud Looking, Mad design just suits me down to the ground..

I'll try and post a Pic so you can see what it's looking like now.. Without the M5 Add-ons..

Please Help me out.. and i'm sure if the price isn't too steeeep, we'll have alot of E60 owners in this forum doing some M5 mods..

Thanks Guys.
[snapback]140660[/snapback]
Fantastic! IMHO you shud focus on the M5 mirrors, which shud be avalibale as retrofit on our models (though expensive). As for the OEM M5 rear bumper and exaust I do not consider them much better than what you have at the mom.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

Originally Posted by Pkorkis' date='Jun 19 2005, 05:19 PM
[quote name='Alex.br' date='Jun 19 2005, 03:48 PM'][quote name='MikeeMac' date='Jun 19 2005, 02:24 PM']WOW...

Thanks for all the replies Guys..

I am new to this Forum site..? And i must say i am very Happy i joined..

There is soo much interest in here.. Thanks again.. BUT.

I did say i was gunna replace my wings and rear bumper for the M5 look.. i'm not trying to make it look cheesy with Badges and cheap options.. i'm talking about re building the exterior to look as a M5.. just because i Love the Wings, The Mirrors and rear bumper on the M5.. No other reason..

And in all Honestl.. it has the M Badges all over it anyways.. as it's the Sport Model..?? Why not have a few more extra M Tech Accessories.. lol

Anyways... as i did ask before...

IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO oN THE PARTS I NEED FOR MY E60.. PLEASE HELP ME OUT.. MAYBE SOME PART NUMBERS OR CODES..? CHEERS..

Later guys

Mac
[snapback]140917[/snapback]

I ordered to mine:

M Kit (bumpers and side skirts)
M5 trunk lid
M5 spoiler
M5 mirrors

I problably will install the M Kit and the mirror on next week, but without doubt the visual will be amazing. I will keep the M logo (wheels and trunk).

These are M Parts!!
[snapback]141010[/snapback]
[/quote]
M5 mirrors?.... So jealous, those mirrors are soooo good looking. All those M badges on the parts is fine, b/c it comes with it. As long as you guys dont' put an ///M5 badge on there, more power to you, gonna have some good looking cars, esp. with those mirrors....drool
[snapback]141014[/snapback]
[/quote]

What he said. EXACTLY!