E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M5 fender grills on a sport E60

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it possible to fit the fender grills of an m5 to a standard sport fender? Obviously you would have to get the hole cut out, but is there any issues with this such as wiring or any other interferance behind the fender when cutting the hole? Has anyone done this or planning on getting this done? Let me know how this is done, or if you guys know any threads on this. Tried to search but cant find nothing.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johal
Is it possible to fit the fender grills of an m5 to a standard sport fender? Obviously you would have to get the hole cut out, but is there any issues with this such as wiring or any other interferance behind the fender when cutting the hole? Has anyone done this or planning on getting this done? Let me know how this is done, or if you guys know any threads on this. Tried to search but cant find nothing.
It's possible to do I've seen someone do it on their E60, I personally wouldn't do it. Fender grills are a trademark of M5 and you'd pretty much be a poser
I'd only maybe consider doing it if I was going all out and converting the entire car to look like an M5, otherwise it would just look silly.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Mystic Blue Metallic 545I

take it to a body shop and they can do it.
not very expensive either.
+ it wont look right, the sidemarker is in a different position.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

https://5series.net/forums/topic/514..._1#entry538512
Old 03-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550, premium, sport, nav, bluetooth, satellite, cold, M5/Mtech front bumper and side skirts, matte black kidney grilles, M5 fender grilles, M5 mirrors, euro stickers, 35% tint, 20" Miro 111s (summer), 18" VMR VB3s w/ 10 mm H&R spacers (winter)

I just did mine last week. Turned out great. I was very hesitant to go through with it but now that I have, I think it's my favorite mod so far (even over the M5/Mtech bumper and side skirts). As soon as I get my summer wheels on next week, I'll post pics.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
. Fender grills are a trademark of M5
I'd only maybe consider doing it if I was going all out and converting the entire car to look like an M5, otherwise it would just look silly.
+1
Old 03-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by black530e60
I just did mine last week. Turned out great. I was very hesitant to go through with it but now that I have, I think it's my favorite mod so far (even over the M5/Mtech bumper and side skirts). As soon as I get my summer wheels on next week, I'll post pics.

cool, so did you fit yours yourself or get it done from a bodyshop? If you did do it yourself can you please give more details on how you did this just as a second opinion! thanks
Old 03-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Senior Members

thanks....perfect!
Old 03-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 08 550i, 6 Speed Manual w/Sport Pkg, Black RPI Exhaust, Turner 15mm Rear Spacers, 20% Tint

Was thinking about a 5.0 mustang hood scoop on my jams to....
Old 03-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

---delete---

Quick Reply: M5 fender grills on a sport E60