E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M-Tech Kit Installed, I had no idea

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci cab - Jet Black - Black Leather - Premium Pkg - Sport Pkg - Auto - Heated Seats - Navigation - Xenon - Premium Sound - iPod - Bluetooth

Spoke with my body shop guy today and he said my OEM M-Tech kit (well only front bumper & side skirts) were painted and installed, and I could stop by and take a look if I wanted. He wanted to keep the car another day because he was removing some swirl marks in the car doors, and touching up some paint chips. Things I didn't even ask him to fix.

At first I said, I'll just stop by and pick her up tomorrow or Tuesday. But, after I hung up the phone I couldn't stand the thought of not seeing it. So, I drove over to see her, and honestly I had been regretting spending the money to purchase the M-Tech kit, because I thought the car looked just fine the way it was. But, when I saw it my jaw dropped. I had no idea, it would be so beautiful, classy, yet agressive too. I wish I would have brought my camera with me.

He is going to deliver my OEM bumpers to my house & the M-Tech rear bumper which I still have for sale, gratis. Another bonus, I walked in the door, this is Sunday afternoon, and he was sitting there, talking to a famous professional football player about custom painting his Lincoln Navigator. Just a bonus for me.

I'll post pictures when I pick her up. Anyway, thanks to all you forum members who have made great mod suggestions. Only complaint is how much money I have spent in three months.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by bjsbuds' post='817633' date='Mar 15 2009, 05:37 PM
Spoke with my body shop guy today and he said my OEM M-Tech kit (well only front bumper & side skirts) were painted and installed, and I could stop by and take a look if I wanted. He wanted to keep the car another day because he was removing some swirl marks in the car doors, and touching up some paint chips. Things I didn't even ask him to fix.

At first I said, I'll just stop by and pick her up tomorrow or Tuesday. But, after I hung up the phone I couldn't stand the thought of not seeing it. So, I drove over to see her, and honestly I had been regretting spending the money to purchase the M-Tech kit, because I thought the car looked just fine the way it was. But, when I saw it my jaw dropped. I had no idea, it would be so beautiful, classy, yet agressive too. I wish I would have brought my camera with me.

He is going to deliver my OEM bumpers to my house & the M-Tech rear bumper which I still have for sale, gratis. Another bonus, I walked in the door, this is Sunday afternoon, and he was sitting there, talking to a famous professional football player about custom painting his Lincoln Navigator. Just a bonus for me.

I'll post pictures when I pick her up. Anyway, thanks to all you forum members who have made great mod suggestions. Only complaint is how much money I have spent in three months.
Congrats BJ......and YES I totally agree......the look is like night and day! I LOVE the M-Tech over the standard front and sides...way more unique and aggressive.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

Congrats
Old 03-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

another happy customer.. well worth every penny
Old 03-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Congratulations!! Pictures or BAN!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i

congrats man! I take my car to the shop tomorrow to install my Mtech kit! I have had Buyer's remorse since I bought the kit a month ago. I am hoping that this really makes a difference. I am getting the rear bumper done also, even though I like the present one, but I like how the Mtech rear slopes inward instead of outward.

Lets see those pics!
Old 03-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Members

what did the shop charge to paint and install?

thx. Looking forward to the pics.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci cab - Jet Black - Black Leather - Premium Pkg - Sport Pkg - Auto - Heated Seats - Navigation - Xenon - Premium Sound - iPod - Bluetooth

Originally Posted by SmithsonGA' post='818311' date='Mar 16 2009, 01:53 PM
what did the shop charge to paint and install?

thx. Looking forward to the pics.
$500 to paint & install. I think that's a good deal.

I am picking her up tomorrow. I'll post pictures in a day or two.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Gray / Premium Package / Cold Weather Package / Dakota Black Leather / Options: Navigation, SAT Radio, Bluetooth, IPOD adapter Sprint Booster VMR Rims V710 19x9.5 ET45 Hyper Silver (rear) VMR Rims V710 19x8.5 ET35 Hyper Silver (front) Tires: General Exclaim 275/30/19 (rear) Tires: General Exclaim 245/35/19 (front) BMW Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors BMW M-tech Complete Body Kit w/LCI & no PDC Hamann Splitter Vorsteiner Decklid Spoiler BMW M5 E60 BMW Black Grills E60 BMW Shadow Trim BMW Carbon Fiber Roundells - E60 Angel Eyes (GP Thunder Bulb H8 8500K)

This sounds like a common theme, but I too have had buyer?s remorse for purchasing the upgrades. I'm hoping that installing everything gives me the same enlightenment that you all have received. The wheels and exhaust will arrive on Tuesday, and EuroRev was working out some paint issues on the M-Tech kit. It should be shipped out within the next day or two. Obviously, I can't install the exhaust until the M-Tech kit is installed.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 M6 Coupe Sapphire Black/Black Merino Loaded

Yeah yeah... you just had to go there. I'll likely do the same on my 535 in early summer.

I really need to stop reading here

Quick Reply: M-Tech Kit Installed, I had no idea