E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M-tech kit install

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Mar 8 2005, 06:46 PM
Here are some pics of my M-tech kit install.

My cats were busy checking it out, too.? I had to take pics fast because it was getting dark...? so I didn't have time to get the cats out of the way..? LOL

[snapback]98786[/snapback]
Hmmm, blue tarps in the background. Looks like hurricane alley

The car looks great, really nice effect
Old 03-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Yes. My neighbors across the street had their house totally destroyed in Hurricane Charley last summer.

The cats are funny. They love to check new stuff out. They could tell the car kit was new. I don't know how... but they only did that the first day I came home... and then when I got home with the kit.

I already forget what I paid for the kit. I want to say it was close to $2,800 after paint and shipping from Europe. I got it off eBay, from RoverActive. Good guy. I recommend highly. Kit was painted at BMW factory according to my VIN number.

My local BMW dealer did the install. I paid for the hourly labor, but they gave me a bit of a break. Instead of $120 per hour, they only charged $99. It took them about 7 hours to do the install. The manual says 4.5 hours... but the dealer had never done a kit before. I obviously paid a lot more than I might have had to..... But, they did an excellent job. There are no unusual gaps anywhere. And I feel better knowing that BMW did the work... rather than some generic body shop.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Mar 9 2005, 08:07 PM
Yes.? My neighbors across the street had their house totally destroyed in Hurricane Charley last summer.

The cats are funny.? They love to check new stuff out.? They could tell the car kit was new.? I don't know how...? but they only did that the first day I came home... and then when I got home with the kit.

I already forget what I paid for the kit.? I want to say it was close to $2,800 after paint and shipping from Europe.? I got it off eBay, from RoverActive.? Good guy.? I recommend highly.? Kit was painted at BMW factory according to my VIN number.

My local BMW dealer did the install.? I paid out the ass for the hourly labor, but they gave me a bit of a break.? Instead of $120 per hour, they only charged $99.? It took them about 7 hours to do the install.? The manual says 4.5 hours...? but the dealer had never done a kit before.? I obviously paid a lot more than I might have had to.....? But, they did an excellent job.? There are no unusual gaps anywhere.? And I feel better knowing that BMW did the work... rather than some generic body shop.
[snapback]99312[/snapback]

Yea you did the right thing by going to BMW! (Anytime you can get BMW to come their price, and you did, your doing real good), I tried to save some bucks and bought some Parallel M Wheels for my e60 530i and they look good, but their not BMW OEM, (I saw the difference, not much but to an owner...), and I am going BMW OEM here on out, and you M Kit, look awesome!!

Presley348
Old 03-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Mar 9 2005, 08:07 PM
Yes.? My neighbors across the street had their house totally destroyed in Hurricane Charley last summer.

The cats are funny.? They love to check new stuff out.? They could tell the car kit was new.? I don't know how...? but they only did that the first day I came home... and then when I got home with the kit.

I already forget what I paid for the kit.? I want to say it was close to $2,800 after paint and shipping from Europe.? I got it off eBay, from RoverActive.? Good guy.? I recommend highly.? Kit was painted at BMW factory according to my VIN number.

My local BMW dealer did the install.? I paid out the ass for the hourly labor, but they gave me a bit of a break.? Instead of $120 per hour, they only charged $99.? It took them about 7 hours to do the install.? The manual says 4.5 hours...? but the dealer had never done a kit before.? I obviously paid a lot more than I might have had to.....? But, they did an excellent job.? There are no unusual gaps anywhere.? And I feel better knowing that BMW did the work... rather than some generic body shop.

Yea you did the right thing by going to BMW! (Anytime you can get BMW to come their price, and you did, your doing real good), I tried to save some bucks and bought some Parallel M Wheels for my e60 530i and they look good, but their not BMW OEM, (I saw the difference, not much but to an owner...and I am now selling them way below cost, andpaying $2,500.00 for style 71 from y BMW dealer), and I am going BMW OEM here on out, and you M Kit, look awesome!!

Presley348

M-tech kit install-e._presley_2004_bmw_530i_009.jpg
Old 03-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Next thing is new wheels.

I like the look of the wheels that go on the M-sport package.... but they are 18".

I only want 19", or else I won't do them. So I need to keep looking.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Contributors

I live in Orlando? Who installed your kit? How much did u get it for?
Fields BMW did it. But they only did the install. I got kit on eBay from an importer in New England.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Mar 9 2005, 09:38 PM
Next thing is new wheels.

I like the look of the wheels that go on the M-sport package....? but they are 18".

I only want 19", or else I won't do them.? So I need to keep looking.
[snapback]99348[/snapback]
Hi subterFUSE:

I just received an email from BMW North America, last week, (SEE BELOW) , on the new M5 e60 wheels, and she believes by all indications they will probably be 19s!

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Presley348

"Dear Mr. Presley,

Thank you for your continued correspondence. At this time, the only information we have regarding the M5 is from our press release earlier this year. With regard to wheels and tires on the new M5 It states "the exclusive 19-inch wheels in traditional M double-spoke design" so I believe this would indicate availability only in the 19 inch wheel.

It is possible that there may be other wheel choices for this vehicle. We would recommend that you contact your local BMW center after the M5 has been introduced to the market later this year. Once the M5 is released for retail, the accessory catalog is soon to follow, and this will list all available wheel options.

We hope this information is helpful, and you are welcome to e-mail us anytime, we appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
Mollie Duncan
Customer Relations and Services
Representative"
Old 03-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Mar 9 2005, 05:07 PM

My local BMW dealer did the install.? I paid for the hourly labor, but they gave me a bit of a break.? Instead of $120 per hour, they only charged $99.? It took them about 7 hours to do the install.? The manual says 4.5 hours...? but the dealer had never done a kit before.? I obviously paid a lot more than I might have had to.....? But, they did an excellent job.? There are no unusual gaps anywhere.? And I feel better knowing that BMW did the work... rather than some generic body shop.
Thanks for the info Subter. Car looks great (obviously, or I wouldn't be trying to get the scoop on how to get the parts). Most of my immediate family lives in Lake Mary BTW. Try to make it down there 2-3 times/yr. Was most recently there in January.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Contributors

I just received an email from BMW North America, last week, (SEE BELOW) , on the new M5 e60 wheels, and she believes by all indications they will probably be 19s!
Actually, the wheels on the M-sport package are slightly different style than the true M5 wheels.

I actually like the M-sport wheels better. But, alas... they are 18". I want 19".
Old 03-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Senior Members

sweeeeeet !

Quick Reply: M-tech kit install