E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M-Tech Installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Looks really good..
Old 06-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

looks great!

I have the non-spot suspension so I don't think I could pull that look off. I have the 166 wheels but the wheel gap is starting to wear on me.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by IceyTys' post='592952' date='Jun 1 2008, 03:02 PM
Okay so I finally got my M-Tech kit last week and I spent the better part of my Saturday putting it all together. Everything went together nicely (after a couple tries of course) thanks Tony for making it happen, the car looks amazingly better with this kit. I hate to admit it, but the normal E60 front bumper looks like grandma's car, haha. Sorry if I offended any Grandma's on here!

Anyhow I found a nice shade tree today and thought Id share some photos with my friends on here. Im sure this is nothing new, but Im stoked about it! Anyhow enjoy, next on my list is the ACS spoiler in the garage....probably gonna take it to the body shop this week.
"That's a fine lookin automobile, Icey" is a huge understatement. You gotta be proud of her. Think I saw you on Colorado Blvd the other day... Congrats! PS. What is your "rock/winter" vehicle?
Old 06-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i- Titanium Gray

Looks nice. So how long did the install take and how much time would the rear bumper have added?

Jake
Old 06-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Custom Matt White Paint by PLATINUM VIP | Sport Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg | 6 Speed Manual | Premium Sound | Oem ///M5 Front Bumper | Oem ///M5 Rear Bumper | OEM ///M5 Side Skirts | Oem ///M5 Trunk Finisher | Oem ///M5 Fenders | 20% Tint | Vip Modular Wheels | 21x9.5 F | 21 x11 R | Magnaflow Exhaust | AAA Oval Tips | RPI Scoops | KW V2 Coilovers | Predator Ice V2 Angel Eyes | LED Side Turn Signal Markers ( Smoked ) Cross Drilled Rotors | CF Engine cover | Axxis Deluxe Break Pads | K&N Drop in

Old 06-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by jdhart73' post='593244' date='Jun 2 2008, 07:32 AM
Looks nice. So how long did the install take and how much time would the rear bumper have added?

Jake
You asked IceyTys, but I can tell my story:

- Taking the rear bumper off ~ 30 min
- Installing mounting parts + rear M-tech ~ 50 min
- Taking the front bumper off ~ 120 min (side mountings were TIGHT, didn't want to brake anything)
- Installing mounting parts + front M-tech ~ 180 min (with breaks and again, didn't want to risk anything)
- Taking the side skirts off ~ 30 min
- Installing mounting parts + M-tech sides ~ 30 min
---------------------------------------------------------------------
440 min (5h 40min)

I did it with my brother so there was two people working all the time. It's a must when reinstalling/installing big parts.
I have some pictures of the process and would love to tell more about tricky parts etc if someone needs to know.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

How much did it cost for the M-Tech front bumper? Did you buy it directly from BMW? Looks really good, all you need is to paint the red rear deflectors same as the bumper.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Nice transformation!! Well done!
Old 06-02-2008, 04:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by juris335' post='593168' date='Jun 1 2008, 08:47 PM
"That's a fine lookin automobile, Icey" is a huge understatement. You gotta be proud of her. Think I saw you on Colorado Blvd the other day... Congrats! PS. What is your "rock/winter" vehicle?
Thanks everyone for all the support, as Im only a work in progress here, but things are progressing nicely, thanks to my friends on here. I appreciate all the insight and opinions, it helps me figure out what I think will look good.

As for how long it took me, well about an hour for the sides and about 4 hours for the front, but it was a simple 1 man show as I was so excited to have the kit , I got up a 7 on Saturday and went to work on it. My boys decided they'd rather sleep in instead of work on someone else car........what good friends huh?..

Juris...that may well have been me on Colorado Blvd, as I live off of University and work in the Tech Center, so I am in and around that area all the time. As for my winter set up I have an old toyota 4runner that I use to go snowboarding, camping, driving to the airport, etc. I hate to admit it, but that thing is a tank, those engines on Toyotas seem to be bulletproof!
Old 06-02-2008, 04:37 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by IceyTys' post='593426' date='Jun 2 2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks everyone for all the support, as Im only a work in progress here, but things are progressing nicely, thanks to my friends here. I appreciate all the insight and opinions.

Juris...that may well have been me on Colorado Blvd, as I live of of University, so I am in and around that area all the time. As for my winter set up I have an old toyota 4runner that I use to go snowboarding, camping, driving to the airport, etc. I hate to admit it, but that thing is a tank, those engines on Toyotas seem to be bulletproof!
You are absolutely right!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FvKeOVsRSSU&feature=relatedhttp://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FvKeOVsRSSU&feature=relatedI know, old...

Quick Reply: M-Tech Installed