E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M-tech Bumper lip

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011 | 04:54 PM
Members

hi,
do anyone know where i could get the bumper like the pic shown below. if you look at it i'm looking for the lip on the SILVER CAR, not THE BLACK CAR.

thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails M-tech Bumper lip-bumper-lip5.png   M-tech Bumper lip-bumper-lip2.jpg  
Old 01-26-2011 | 06:16 PM
Members

The first pictures is a Hartge Replica, the second is a real Hamann, but obviously they make replicas of those as well.

You can get them at JL-motoring.com in either carbon($339) or unpainted($199).

You can get them on eBay, but all around a similar pricing, but they are all in Japan. JL-motoring.com is US based and sent me confirmation immediately and was shipped and arrived within a couple days. Good communication.

Trinity is a board favorite, but I don't know if they carry them.
Old 01-26-2011 | 06:26 PM
Members

The first one is a Hartge replica as they did not make them for Mtech bumpers. The authentic one is only made for the M5 bumper. Good luck finding that particular one as many have tried and been unsuccessful. Eurorev in Inglewood, CA did have a group buy specifically for the Mtech, years ago, but there wasn't much interest. They'll pop up here and there occasionally but get swept up quickly. Try Eurorev and see if they still have the manufacturers contact info. Good luck.
Old 01-26-2011 | 11:23 PM
Members

i have a replica m-tech bumper sitting in my balcony.. the only way i'll paint & put in my car is if i get those HARTGE splitters, they just compensate for the smaller wings on each side of the bumper.. i really don't want to buy another bumper and spend 400 dollars.

thanks guys.
Old 01-27-2011 | 01:06 AM
Members

i would like to see a zoomed out pic of the Hamann as it is only a close up. There is no indication how it would suit the rest of the m-tech kit.
Old 01-27-2011 | 02:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i Sport, 6 speed, Aero Pkg, Prem, CA, Cold Wthr + Rear Htd Seats, Nav, Sat, HD, Heads-Up, Night Vision, Rear Shades

Those would last about 5 mins with my wife driving.
Old 01-27-2011 | 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by shorttough
i have a replica m-tech bumper sitting in my balcony.. the only way i'll paint & put in my car is if i get those HARTGE splitters, they just compensate for the smaller wings on each side of the bumper.. i really don't want to buy another bumper and spend 400 dollars.

thanks guys.
hartge and hamman front splitters will not fit replica M tech bumpers, OEM only....

IIRC, the member who own's the e60 in the OP sold that splitter awhile back...
Old 01-27-2011 | 02:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by calbear550
The first one is a Hartge replica as they did not make them for Mtech bumpers. The authentic one is only made for the M5 bumper.
I believe they make them for the M-tech bumper as well. Member toosolid from Canada ordered a real one from Hartge a couple of years ago.

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
hartge and hamman front splitters will not fit replica M tech bumpers, OEM only....

IIRC, the member who own's the e60 in the OP sold that splitter awhile back...
Listen to the man (Gene), he's right
Old 01-27-2011 | 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

^a frank sighting

hope all is well buddy
Old 01-27-2011 | 03:49 PM
Members

i just placed an order for the M5tech bumper, my m-tech bumper is for sale 250 obo, its in the classified section. if u know someone willing to purchase one for 250, which is located in DFW (wiling to ship as well), i'd be grateful.

Thanks guys.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/109...1#entry1298877

Quick Reply: M-tech Bumper lip