E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

///M Pedal set installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

greetings everyone,
anyone interested in doing this as well? i searched for awhile before buying and could not find any pics of a MT with these with black interior.
i almost wish i went with the gloss black set, but these look great.
check out some pics =) courtesy of the iphone
(dont mind the old all weather mats... )

purchased these from speed_Zero on Ebay fwiw.

i also wanted to pick the forum membets brains on this one. I was also contemplating wrapping the black trim piece around the window control buttons in either a brushed steel or a carbon fiber di-noc and match the wheel trim with it.. what do you guys think would look best?
does anyone else feel brushed steel would be out of place?
I do plan on keeping the wood trim for now. For the first time im in love with this wood trim. ive never seen this pattern before and looks great.

thanks for looking!
Old 09-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

what city r u in?
Old 09-07-2012, 07:12 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport package

Imo, if you have carbon fiber or stainless wrap mixed with the wood trim, it won't look cohesive. You'll have too much going on in your interior, stay with one theme.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Members

Think about changing your shift knob out to a shorter and weighted 'ZHP' one. They really have a superior feel. I paid the extra money not to have the ///M logo, and the upgrade is still well worth it. The knob just pulls right off.

ZHP shift knob

A couple more shots in my gallery, albeit crappy photos.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

Nice set of pedals. What is involved in their installation?
Old 09-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by stel_i79
what city r u in?
Southwick MA

Originally Posted by onetime
Imo, if you have carbon fiber or stainless wrap mixed with the wood trim, it won't look cohesive. You'll have too much going on in your interior, stay with one theme.
my thoughts too, but the black is peeling off on the trim piece that has all the controls for the windows. i thought maybe a black carbon di noc would still leave it black, but possibly wrapping these trim pieces for the window controls and the steering wheel would kind of pull it together..
i may try it an see how it looks.
appreciate the insight though. you have mentioned my exact thought on the topic.

Originally Posted by BSLNoel
Think about changing your shift knob out to a shorter and weighted 'ZHP' one. They really have a superior feel. I paid the extra money not to have the ///M logo, and the upgrade is still well worth it. The knob just pulls right off.

ZHP shift knob

Is the shifter just shorter, or is there some kit to make the shifter itself have a "shorter profile"
Those knobs just don't do it for me. im unsure about whether or not i want the short shifter.. the all black leather knob just isnt my thing. i do like my fancy/"blingy" shifters.
i was shooting for something with the M logo on it.. and illuminated, but not black zhp style..
silver or chrome, illuminated 6 speed with m logo is my ideal shifter. =)
ill check out your pics and maybe it will grow on me
Although i do like the weighted aluminum ZHP in the new cars, it looks aftermarket even though its not and i don't think it would fit with my interior..

Originally Posted by vkhong
Nice set of pedals. What is involved in their installation?
just drilling and putting in the supplied screws, washers and nuts
i placed the pedal cover on there, took a white out pen and marked my holes. drilled one hole and tightened it up and did the rest from there. pretty simple IMO.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Members
Senior Members

just for reference.. my wood interior trim.
how can you say no to that? its not that light like in the picture. the trim's wood grain is really dark. not sure why the colors are so light in that pic.
Attached Thumbnails ///M Pedal set installed-e60-3.jpg  
Old 09-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport package

Wood or carbon fiber or stainless, don't mix and match.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i - GONE

Originally Posted by BSLNoel

ZHP shift knob

Agree, I love the ZHP shift knob. I was torn between the ZHP and Alcantara one, definitely glad I went with the ZHP (I hear Alcantara rubs off quick).
Old 09-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Love the pedal set man!!

Quick Reply: ///M Pedal set installed