E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M-Kit for US Installed at BMW's VPC

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 10:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted a few days ago in this post that the parts guy at the dealer where I bought my M-Kit from told me that their sales manager had ordered an E60 that was going to have the M-Kit installed at BMW's VPC in Oxnard California. I wanted to see it with my own eyes and confirm it so that I could be sure. I was at the dealership yesterday to buy some parts and luckily the truck carrying a new shipment of BMW's came in from the VPC. Sure enough there was a black 530i on the truck with the M-Kit installed. I do have to say that (as expected) the kit does not show itself as much on a black car than other colors I have seen, but it's still nicer than stock. I am glad I saw it on the truck with the other cars coming from the VPC because this confirms that the dealer was not BS'ing and the kit must have been installed at the VPC before the car was even delivered to them. I even took some pictures of the car on and off the truck for you guys to see (below). Excuse the picture qualities (especially the zoomed ones) as they were taken with a camera phone.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>So here's what I know:</span>

This car had the M-Kit installed at the VPC, and the manager at the dealer has told the parts guy that I deal with that if there is anyone who wants to order an E60 with the M-Kit he can arrange the same thing for their cars. He can even do it for out of state customers and deliver the car to them. Here's the contact info for the manager:

Center BMW, Van Nuys California
Manager's name: Jeff Berkman (or Birkman??)
Phone no.: 818-907-9995

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>And here's what I don't know:</span>

1. I don't know whether the order goes through BMW NA and can be done by other dealers, or whether it's an arrangement that this particular sales manager has with the VPC. I was not able to talk directly to the manager but he did tell the parts guy that anyone who wants the same thing for their E60 is welcome to call him. From the looks of it I don't think that he wants to divulge much information about it. I told the parts guy to ask the manager how this can be done at other dealers since I have friends in other states that want to do it. The manager then told him that THEY can order the cars for people in other sates and deliver it to them. I don't know whether this is because he does not want to lose any business or whether he has connections at the VPC that allow him to do this "on the side", but other dealers may not necessarily be able to do it.

2. I don't know how much they charge for this and whether it's reasonable. I am supposed to go back and look at it again when they put the M5 wheels on it at the dealership, I may be able to find out what they are charging for it then.

Meanwhile, if any of you guys want to call Jeff and find out what the deal is and whether you can do it at any dealership you can call the number above.

Just a disclaimer here: I have not purchased my car from these guys (only parts) so I don't know whether they give good deals or whether they are crooks. I don't necessarily recommend them, I am just sharing this information because I know there are people who are interested in ordering their US E60's with the M-kit and this seems to be almost as good as having it done at the factory.

Good Luck and here are the pics:

Old 05-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Contributors

interesting.. thanks for all the info...
Old 05-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Contributors

Excellent info ... thanks. I expect to ask for this when I order in 4-6 weeks.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Looks sweet with the 123s.