E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M body aero kit without rear bumper? Need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 01:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 Silver Grey 550i (est delivery 12/06) Auburn / Poplar Interior / Anthracite headliner M body aero kit/ sport/ sound/ comfort access/ comfort seats/ sunshade/ sat radio

I just realized after ordering my 550i with the m body aero kit that a lot of the pictures I was liking have the M body kit on the front and sides but not on the rear bumper! I believe I am getting it all the way around. I only realized this after rodybmw pm his excellent pics of his body kit and rear spoiler to me. HELP! should I get the stock back with red euro reflectors or M all the way around. I think the M spoiler looks better on the M bumper but if I go with the stock back, should I get the M spoiler?
Cant believe I didn't realize that...any opinions appreciated.

Will I save some $ without the M bumper?
Old 11-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by almd' date='Nov 1 2005, 06:05 PM
I just realized after ordering my 550i with the m body aero kit that a lot of the pictures I was liking have the M body kit on the front and sides but not on the rear bumper!? I believe I am getting it all the way around.? I only realized this after rodybmw pm his excellent pics of his body kit and rear spoiler to me.? HELP! should I get the stock back with red euro reflectors or M all the way around.? I think the M spoiler looks better on the M bumper but if I go with the stock back, should I get the M spoiler??
Cant believe I didn't realize that...any opinions appreciated.

Will I save some $ without the M bumper?

[snapback]192050[/snapback]
I think you should get the whole package. I also dont think it can be done in pieces at VPC.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 530 xi six speed manual/Silver gray-auburn/18inch-style123wheels/premium sound and package/HUD/PDC/sport/coldpackage/Sirius/M-aero kit/Nav/comfortseats/shades/comfort access tires: 245 40 18 Sottozero Pirelli winters (non runflats) 2004 RX330 Lexus - crystal white - reliable, quiet, and the "beater" car for ski trips, hauling, etc. 1995 E34 540i 6 speed black/truffle interior/alpinemp3/XMradio/M5 alloys (Many tears...sold to a fellow Boston bimmer enthusiast!)

I inquired as well and was told that I could only get the entire kit installed at the docks.

I was also told that they would throw out my stock pieces although he wasn't entirely sure-I imagine someone is keeping these pieces as spare parts -

others on the forum have mentioned that you could order parts separately but it sounds like a difficult task with all the fasteners and such - my dealer wasn't interested

in the end, however, the m-tech rear bumper looks great and after looking at the gallery pictures my mind has changed - I do like the stock e60 rear bumper but the m-tech bumper better matches the aggressive front spoiler and rocker panels better -

just my two cents
Old 11-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Silver Grey 550i (est delivery 12/06) Auburn / Poplar Interior / Anthracite headliner M body aero kit/ sport/ sound/ comfort access/ comfort seats/ sunshade/ sat radio

After realizing this difference( I don't know why I didnt notice earlier...i thought the rear was some other aftermarket mod) and focusing on this part of the car in pictures on this site, it is really starting to grow on me. I think the spoiler is a nice enhancement with the bumper. I would like to hear more opinions either way. thanks all
Art
Old 11-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I think it'll be fine. The lines match fine. Some might say differently but I think its fine. I myself prefered the stock rear bumper. Not that the M-Tech isnt nice but just like the stock with the little lip at the bottom and like the Euro Reflectors for better visibility.

Check out the pics in my sig... click on the link.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=module...album&album=344
Old 11-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Nov 1 2005, 04:52 PM
I think it'll be fine. The lines match fine. Some might say differently but I think its fine. I myself prefered the stock rear bumper. Not that the M-Tech isnt nice but just like the stock with the little lip at the bottom and like the Euro Reflectors for better visibility.

Check out the pics in my sig... click on the link.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=module...album&album=344
[snapback]192140[/snapback]
Car looks nice - I have the same color and thinking about doing the Mkit. I have a clear bra right now and see you list one for your car. I will need to get the new piece for the bumper if I do the conversion - where did you get it?
Old 11-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by jsal' date='Nov 1 2005, 06:01 PM
Car looks nice - I have the same color and thinking about doing the Mkit.? I have a clear bra right now and see you list one for your car.? I will need to get the new piece for the bumper if I do the conversion - where did? you get it?
[snapback]192147[/snapback]

I did the same thing... put the clear bra on the OEM bumper already and THEN got the M-Tech bumper... so I paied double for that... Boooooooo But X-Pel already has the cut out for it. Those that have the design machine can cut the piece on thier plotter and isntall it for you.

Thats what i did... asked the guy to come back and re do the M bumper and he did for $295 :'( :'( :'(

I use a local guy that does the work for McKenna Porsche