E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LUX H8 Angel Eyes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d -08 lots of goodies 120dA -06

Im going to stick out my nose here and say that the HID solution is not for everyone, they are so bright that it messes up the light pattern at night when driving.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tsaros
Im going to stick out my nose here and say that the HID solution is not for everyone, they are so bright that it messes up the light pattern at night when driving.
"Different strokes for different folks" i like that they are day time visible and at night they are super bright and have a little bit of color to it. but LEDs do look good for that nice glow at night, jsut not day time visible. i originally wanted to go with the Umnitzas angel eyes but they said i had to CUT into my headlight assembly not BAKE like how i did before with my 3 series, so i said no way haha!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Members

Well guys... 255 bucks later, I'm happy I spent every penny. Thank you LUX for a fantastic product. This is how this car should have looked when it was sold. LEDs are the ONLY way to go. these look so much better than those crummy super bright halogen lights.

BEFORE
LUX H8 Angel Eyes?-before.jpg

AFTER

LUX H8 Angel Eyes?-after.jpg
WOOO!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Members

Congrats
Old 09-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So these are on par with the prices of the HID lights that do the same right? These appear to be fairly bright in the day but it's hard to tell how white they are from that picture.. the website say it should be the color should be 6500k. I assume the Lux LED light don't over power the headlights when on. Is the LED supposed to last a lot longer?

Also, any idea how these stack up against the 5W LED lights Trinity is selling for $99 ? (https://5series.net/forums/topic/115...-pre-lci-e60s/) Would this just be not as bright and hence the price difference? Asking so many questions because this is an upgrade I am looking to do pretty soon as well.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by crypto
So these are on par with the prices of the HID lights that do the same right? These appear to be fairly bright in the day but it's hard to tell how white they are from that picture.. the website say it should be the color should be 6500k. I assume the Lux LED light don't over power the headlights when on. Is the LED supposed to last a lot longer?

Also, any idea how these stack up against the 5W LED lights Trinity is selling for $99 ? (https://5series.net/forums/topic/115...-pre-lci-e60s/) Would this just be not as bright and hence the price difference? Asking so many questions because this is an upgrade I am looking to do pretty soon as well.
on par as far as brightness no. HID are way brighter however not everyone likes the super bright light at night. i got 8k hids and the middle rings are super bright and the outer rings are not but when my headlights are on it looks really nice!
Old 09-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Members

Tetu: Thank you sir!

Crypto: I didn't look in to HID lights at all. I know they get ridiculously hot and have a tendency to melt things/explode. That alone sounded like a no-no for the CPO 535. As far as brightness goes, they are comparable with the F10 lights in the daytime. Super visible + DEAD white, no color in there whatsoever. They don't overpower the Xenons which is nice and don't mess up the lighting pattern. As far as I know LEDs don't burn out for a very very long time. Do this mod as fast as you can. 250~ isn't anything to scoff at, but it will be money well spent.

For everyone else driving CPOs wondering about the error situation with LUX H8 in a 08 535i : I had no errors upon install last night. This morning on the way home from the office I had one error that lasted maybe 5 seconds. It said "check daytime running lamp" or something along those lines. It beeped once, displayed this message, then went away completely. I've driven the car once since coming home from work, no errors on that trip. I thought maybe for a second that the power plug had come loose, but I could see the lights on in the trunk reflection of the vehicle in front of me. Don't know what caused this, but hopefully it doesn't happen again...

I'll keep a log here of everything else I see/dont see.

cheers,
jrd
Old 09-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

^keep an eye out for that error code as it might be a back driver or resistor pack...might just want to give luxangeleyes an email to see if they want to send you out a replacement set....
Old 09-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Members

Gene,
Thanks for the heads up. They seem to have great customer service as far as emails go. I'll shoot em an email and see what they say.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback I might go that route. If I read their website correctly the other day -- they are gone to 9/25 for their wedding & honeymoon. Wouldn't expect a reply any sooner than that. I might go this route then.. I can stand the yellow anymore.. Especially after seeing all the F10's and 3 series with the white angel eyes all over my area.

Quick Reply: LUX H8 Angel Eyes?