E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Lowering springs on stock sport shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
+1
Just love the koni yellows man, they are Wonderful. My wife drives a 2010 Lexus IS 350 which has a sports suspension that is HARD. Guess what, I have driven a 335i that had an even harder sport suspension. Overall I think the koni sport on soft are the best for city.

I recently happened to drive a Koni Yellow with Eibach springs on it and let me tell you they are a little softer than the H&R. I wish I had gotten the Eibach but then I still love the H&R with the kony Yellows for their stance.

I know that the KW's are HARDER than the setup I have (koni yellow with H&R springs) and I would say coming from a regular suspension(Non Sport), koni yellows are the farthest I could go, even a tad bit more would make it HARD according to me.
glad we are in the same boat on this racerboss
loving the koni yellows
Old 05-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 535xi FULLY LOADED, H&R SPRINGS COLD WEATHER PACKAGE. 1ST SET EVER MADE 20'' DONZ MASSERIA HIGH CONCAVE.

I live in NY where the roads really suck. I dropped my E60XI on H&R sport springs on stock struts with 42k on them. the ride is horrible.
i messed up the ride on a great car. I tried to switch back to the stock springs, but the strut won't fully extend now to put the stock springs back on.
My mechanic told me the strut is blown, and that i should get new struts before he wanted to switch the other 3 struts. I took the car to my dealer
and told them my struts are blown, but the service manager stated that the struts do not look blown after my car was at the dealer for a week, and
I told them that the car was lowered before i bought it, and I never felt the ride this bad. I can't tell them that I physically removed the strut and spring
and saw the strut not fully extend,because I have the 100k extended warranty and I don't want to void the warranty on the struts. The dealer told me
to bring in stock springs for my car and they will install free of charge, and that's when I know they will see that the stock strut wont fully extend.
I hope they will change all the struts, and i will ride stock, if not i will get coilovers. You should get a good name brand of coilovers if you want a softer
ride that's close to stock. Look at V the Russian's thread on H&R springs, he has Bilstein B8's with H&R's and the ride quality still sucks.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i Titanium Silver::Sport Package::Premium Package

What's the life expectancy of the KW's anyways? Would these need to be replaced after a certain number of miles as well?
Old 06-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Members

Hey SDiE60, you mind sending me a pic of your ride. I'm debating on what wheels and leaning towards the V718. email is your comments. thanks.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
+1
Just love the koni yellows man, they are Wonderful. My wife drives a 2010 Lexus IS 350 which has a sports suspension that is HARD. Guess what, I have driven a 335i that had an even harder sport suspension. Overall I think the koni sport on soft are the best for city.

I recently happened to drive a Koni Yellow with Eibach springs on it and let me tell you they are a little softer than the H&R. I wish I had gotten the Eibach but then I still love the H&R with the kony Yellows for their stance.

I know that the KW's are HARDER than the setup I have (koni yellow with H&R springs) and I would say coming from a regular suspension(Non Sport), koni yellows are the farthest I could go, even a tad bit more would make it HARD according to me.
OK I know this is an old post...but KW has a street comfort line which I may end up trying. Hopefully the comfort level is close to oem or at least oem sport suspension setup.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Members

dont put h&r springs on stock suspension your car will be bouncing like a boat on the water
Old 06-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nyc545
dont put h&r springs on stock suspension your car will be bouncing like a boat on the water
agree, switch to koni yellows and u will love the ride