E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LOWERING SPRINGS

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 03:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

need some consensus, opinions, sound advice, pros and cons, etc.

have had my ride for almost a year now and have continually debated to whether or not to lower the car. it has the sport package which already is lower by 0.6 inch from stock - which really is hardly noticeable.

dealer says leave it alone, although i've seen some pix of silv530 - very nice, very tight! fills the wheel well just right.

when the car is in motion, it seems to lower itself, but when it's parked, i can stick 2 fingers between the top of the tire and the fender.

so, will anyone lead me to the right decision? thanks and best regards to all!
Old 10-13-2004, 03:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by gonzo' date='Oct 13 2004, 06:24 PM

have had my ride for almost a year now and have continually debated to whether or not to lower the car.? it has the sport package which already is lower by 0.6 inch from stock - which really is hardly noticeable.

dealer says leave it alone, although i've seen some pix of silv530 - very nice, very tight!? fills the wheel well just right.

when the car is in motion, it seems to lower itself, but when it's parked, i can stick 2 fingers between the top of the tire and the fender.

so, will anyone lead me to the right decision?? thanks and best regards to all!
[snapback]44495[/snapback]
Hey.. I was facing the same situation as you. However, I decided to lower my car after all. I've ordered H&R spring kit and AC schnitzer front lip. So probably it will arrived in a week time. Mine is without a sport package but i think it is alright for you to lower your car as it will look much better. However keep it mind that your warranty will be voided if you change your spring kit of your car.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:19 PM
Banned

Lowering will definitely make the car looks sportiter. It all comes down to a personal taste. If you r really a car enthusiast, go for it. while for others its more about comfort and luxury. chek out my ride, its lowered with Eibach springs and with some cosmetic mods on it.... I am LOVING it!!!
Old 10-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Oct 13 2004, 04:45 PM
However keep it mind that your warranty will be voided if you change your spring kit of your car.
[snapback]44500[/snapback]

Better read the warranty law found here<---.

Here's part of the post:
"Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302?) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers."
Old 10-13-2004, 09:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gonzo' date='Oct 13 2004, 01:24 PM

have had my ride for almost a year now and have continually debated to whether or not to lower the car.? it has the sport package which already is lower by 0.6 inch from stock - which really is hardly noticeable.

dealer says leave it alone, although i've seen some pix of silv530 - very nice, very tight!? fills the wheel well just right.

so, will anyone lead me to the right decision?? thanks and best regards to all!
[snapback]44495[/snapback]
it all depends on you want the look or you want a smoother, more comfortable ride . i personally think your car is "nice enough" w/the 19" .
Old 10-13-2004, 10:10 PM
Senior Members

I have been looking at rims/tires/tint/etc. and by the time I total the prices I should have just put the money into a 545.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:22 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jimbo' date='Oct 13 2004, 08:10 PM
I have been looking at rims/tires/tint/etc. and by the time I total the prices I should have just put the money into a 545.
[snapback]44603[/snapback]
agree .
Old 10-13-2004, 10:48 PM
Senior Members

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like the mods, (most look really cool). It's that I would rather have a stock 545 than a modded 525 or 530.

But that's just me.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jimbo' date='Oct 13 2004, 08:48 PM
Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like the mods, (most look really cool). It's that I would rather have a stock 545 than a modded 525 or 530.

But that's just me.
[snapback]44619[/snapback]
same here .
Old 10-14-2004, 05:35 AM
Members

thank you all for providing great insight! now the task is to find a reputable shop! many thanks again.

Quick Reply: LOWERING SPRINGS