E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

lowering

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 05:32 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins

I am going to reinstall my 19 inch BBS rxII soon, and my question is about lowering the car, as i dont have the sports package so there is siqnifcant space in the wells. How much lower is the sport than the non sport, do they use the same shocks, do i should i replace the shocks when i do this or can i get by for a while without changeing them. The service advisor stated that my warrenty would not be affected by changeing the springs, which is a good thing. You may ask why did i remove them, well i am married and my wife seems to love curbs nasty curb rash on one she also hit the lower bumper, and scraped it, but i still love her just have a spare now and had to save up to replace the wheel, also has anyone tried to get a full spare in the trunk?
Old 07-06-2004, 04:48 AM
Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins

wow, no advise at all guess i will have to mudle through this one alone.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Members

I have H&R spring installed on my 545(non sport).The drop is about 1.2 inches front and rear and i have the OEM shocks.I love the look but don't really like the ride...kind of bouncy/rebounding when going over bumps/uneven surfaces.Will definetely upgrade to coil-overs in the near future.

My Webpage
Attached Thumbnails lowering-bmw5454.jpg  
Old 07-06-2004, 04:14 PM
Members

Thanks for the reply, I will have to definatley change it all at one time to thwart the extra charge of haveing it done twice. Your car by the way looks great and i really like the front grill and mesh treatment
Old 07-06-2004, 06:21 PM
Senior Members

The sport package is .6 inches lower than standard.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

One more thing, I saw a 530i sport this weekend and I am convinced that when in motion, the car is lower than when stationary. I saw the car moving and it looks as though the wheels were right up against the wheel well. When the parked, I walked by and it no longer looked as low.

Does anyone know for sure that the sport suspension lowers a bit when in motion (I am talking slow motion at that 3 - 10 mph). Can someone take a picture of their car at standstill and then when in motion (someone else driving and you taking the pic or vice versa). I am really entrigued by this...help!!!
Old 07-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

abias,

I couldn't go by without saying beautiful car. Alpine white is the best and the mods look nice! Those are Breytons right? The car is "sitting" nicely. Very well done.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:32 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Abias,
I sent you a personal message requesting to post a "How to install mesh Grille". I went to your web page and saw the grilles. Share the knowledge Bro. Thanks.
Your ride is absolutely beautiful.

Check out the Mesh Grille below!
Old 07-06-2004, 09:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by abias' date='Jul 6 2004, 01:23 PM
I have H&R spring installed on my 545(non sport).The drop is about 1.2 inches front and rear and i have the OEM shocks.
Cleanest e60 I've seen. Excellent work Abias.

My 530 sport has the window trim chrome blacked out. I am considering the paint/mesh mods you did. Hope you don't mind? Are those Breyton rims?
Old 07-07-2004, 01:26 AM
Members

My car is without sport package too.
I am using Eibeah Spring, both front and rear lowered 30mm.

The ride is acceptable (With 19inch rim).
Car handled better!
Attached Thumbnails lowering-dsc01107.jpg  

Quick Reply: lowering