E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Looking For Tires, Look No Further!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

People if you are looking for new tires for your e60, I must tell you that I have found the best tire available on the market today.They are Nitto INVO's.. Simply, they are the best tires I have ever put on my car. Nitto really did a great job in developing this tire. I had Toyo T1R's on my car before, and I thought they were good, until I had so many problems with them. :thumbsdown: As you all know Im running 20" inch rims on my car and with it being so low, I had to get the lowest profile tires. The Toyos T1R tirewall, I felt, was not strong enough, and it kept leaking air. I had to dismount and mount the tires so much to find leaks that I finally gave up. I finally decided to go with another tire company. Finally I decided to go with Nitto after searching online, and when I put these tires on, I was speechless. When I looked at the tires and felt them, they felt really sticky and it?s gotta be the softest tires out there and the tread design on the tire itself looked unique and cool. Right after I left eurorev, I felt a difference making my first turn. It just gripped the corner like nothing. As I took off on the highway, while changing lanes, the ride comfort was simply amazing. The bumps and cracks on the road felt like literally nothing. When I had my Toyo's you could hear a lot of road noise in the cabin and feel the bumps and cracks on the road. With Nitto INVO's all you hear is the smoothness of the road. It is simply amazing how quiet and comfortable these tires are. They grip really well and the performance on it is absolutely amazing. Ever since I switched, I never had any problems with leaks from the tirewall. If you ever had a set of Nitto NT555 and liked the performance and handling, but hated the ride comfort, give yourself a try to INVO and you will never go back. You too would be speechless... If you have any questions or want to know more, let me know.

In simple terms:

Nitto INVO:
Toyo T1r: :thumbsdown:
Attached Thumbnails Looking For Tires, Look No Further!-nitto_tire_1.jpg   Looking For Tires, Look No Further!-nitto_tire_2.jpg   Looking For Tires, Look No Further!-nitto_tire_4.jpg   Looking For Tires, Look No Further!-nitto_tire_3.jpg  
Old 07-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

OMG, he posts!

Anyway, I am reluctantly running Toyo T1Rs b/c I had mad rubbing issues with my Falken FK-452s. The Falken sidewalls were too square and my offsets too aggressive. This was not a good combination. So, off went the Falken and in went the Toyos. The Toyo sidewalls being rounded finally solved my rubbing issues.

Yay!!! but wait, I was in for a surprise. It would seem Toyo sidewalls aren't particularly strong. I found out in the worst way. Coming back from San Francisco at 3am Saturday morning last weekend my rear right tire blew out. With the help of torquey5 I eventually made it back to San Jose by 6am. I had Sonic MS check out my tire and they mentioned that the blow out was a result of a bubble that formed on the inside sidewall over a period of time. The replacement Toyo tire is arriving tomorrow.

I'll look into Nitto tires the next time I need new tires. Thanks for the review, Bing.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I understand you like the tires iceman316 but I have to ask -- is that last picture you posted of your car? If so the Nitto decal on the front bumper makes me question whether your review is biased or not. To me, it clearly looks as if you might be "pumping up" (pun intended) your review of these tires because you were compensated somehow...
Old 07-31-2007, 08:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='453817' date='Jul 31 2007, 09:29 PM
OMG, he posts!

Anyway, I am reluctantly running Toyo T1Rs b/c I had mad rubbing issues with my Falken FK-452s. The Falken sidewalls were too square and my offsets too aggressive. This was not a good combination. So, off went the Falken and in went the Toyos. The Toyo sidewalls being rounded finally solved my rubbing issues.

Yay!!! but wait, I was in for a surprise. It would seem Toyo sidewalls aren't particularly strong. I found out in the worst way. Coming back from San Francisco at 3am Saturday morning last weekend my rear right tire blew out. With the help of torquey5 I eventually made it back to San Jose by 6am. I had Sonic MS check out my tire and they mentioned that the blow out was a result of a bubble that formed on the inside sidewall over a period of time. The replacement Toyo tire is arriving tomorrow.

I'll look into Nitto tires the next time I need new tires. Thanks for the review, Bing.
Sorry to hear about your blow out VT Hope you didn't get hurt from it..I agree the Toyo T1R sidewalls are really weak.. I had bubbles on two of my Toyos and I also got leaks from the inner sidewalls.. I went through 3 sets of tires in 1 year not do to tire wear but weak sidewalls either bubbles or air leaks from the sidewall beads.. But I really love the INVO's they're really quiet when you go over rough roads you don't feel the bumps as much as you would with TOYO's.. Not to mention it grips really well.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

I had the exact same thoughts as Rudy, as I remember you having the Nitto stickers on from the Malibu meet. And prior to that, you had the iBright banner on your windshield @ Bimmerfest. Are you being sponsored? Or do those stickers add 5hp?
Old 07-31-2007, 08:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='453821' date='Jul 31 2007, 09:34 PM
I understand you like the tires iceman316 but I have to ask -- is that last picture you posted of your car? If so the Nitto decal on the front bumper makes me question whether your review is biased or not. To me, it clearly looks as if you might be "pumping up" (pun intended) your review of these tires because you were compensated somehow...
No its not a paid review I really had bad exprience with TOYO's and I just wanted to let everyone know how happy I am with the Nitto INVO's.. I only put on those stickers for a more aggressive look to the car.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:44 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

will these tires sizes work.

245-35-19
285-30-19

im getting the m5 wheels.
where can i get them the cheapest?
thanks
Old 07-31-2007, 08:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='453827' date='Jul 31 2007, 09:44 PM
will these tires sizes work.

245-35-19
285-30-19

im getting the m5 wheels.
where can i get them the cheapest?
thanks
I don't know if they have those sizes you would have to go to your nearest tire shop and find out..
Old 07-31-2007, 08:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

That's ICEMAN316's ride with the same Nitto decal from the Malibu Meet. I'm sure he's been compensated for both having both AngeliBright and Nitto decals on his car, but I know ICEMAN316 and he wouldn't endorse something if it wasn't legitimate. Even though, I don't like AngeliBright's customer service, their product, it would appear, is better than the competitor's. As for the Nitto endorsement, there are better tires than Toyos and these INVO might just be one of them. I'll get these INVOs next. If they're not any better than the Toyos then I'm gonna whoop some ICEMAN a$$.

Besides, how's this any different than Michael Jordan endorsing products? Or any other visible person.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:49 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 316' post='453829' date='Aug 1 2007, 12:46 AM
I don't know if they have those sizes you would have to go to your nearest tire shop and find out..
they have those sizes. i went to their website.

i was planning to get 245-35-19 and 275-30-19, but they dont have a 275-30-19.

Quick Reply: Looking For Tires, Look No Further!