E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Looking for RPI look alike tips.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Hey guys, Im doing a quad exhaust soon, and I was wondering if theres any brand name that makes some tips that are close to the RPI ones? I have the RPI exhaust now and I love how the tips look, they're perfect. So I wanted to keep the same looks of the tips, but with quads.

Please post some pictures of tips that you have, I might also see something that I havent seen before. So far I saw the Borla and Magnaflow tips, they're ehhh...

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shocking--the king of posers now wants to pose as having RPI exhaust. Whats with you man-why dont you pony up the dough and actually get the stuff you so desire instead of being such a damn poser. First your "m5" wanna be and now "rpi" wanna be. Its not fair to bmw or RPI to have the sound of your car with RPI tips-but not the RPI sound. NOt fair for them as you wont do it justice. Nor is it fair to BMW to you posing as an M5-Dont you know people all laugh at people like you for being wanna-bes?

you wont find rpi tips by the way-common sense-who is going to saw off their rpi tips and sell them.. ya good luck
Old 11-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by Diamond
Shocking--the king of posers now wants to pose as having RPI exhaust. Whats with you man-why dont you pony up the dough and actually get the stuff you so desire instead of being such a damn poser. First your "m5" wanna be and now "rpi" wanna be. Its not fair to bmw or RPI to have the sound of your car with RPI tips-but not the RPI sound. NOt fair for them as you wont do it justice. Nor is it fair to BMW to you posing as an M5-Dont you know people all laugh at people like you for being wanna-bes?

you wont find rpi tips by the way-common sense-who is going to saw off their rpi tips and sell them.. ya good luck
Old 11-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

How ass backwards stupid are you? He already has the RPi exhaust, RPi doesn't make quads.
So Meister wants to find tips that look like RPi so he can make his exhaust quad. He bought the exhaust and the car, he can do what ever the hell he wants with either of them. He doesn't need to ask BMW or RPi for permission. He is not posing as an M5. There isn't a single M5 badge on his car, maybe he just likes the look of quads?

Old 11-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

Oh god.....diamond is posting again

What's the matetr, not getting enought attention at home?
Old 11-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: f10 535d M sport e46 330cic vert
Model Year: 2015

Old 11-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i
Model Year: 2007

sounds great ? any tips outthere ?
Old 11-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22
Hey guys, Im doing a quad exhaust soon, and I was wondering if theres any brand name that makes some tips that are close to the RPI ones? I have the RPI exhaust now and I love how the tips look, they're perfect. So I wanted to keep the same looks of the tips, but with quads.

Please post some pictures of tips that you have, I might also see something that I havent seen before. So far I saw the Borla and Magnaflow tips, they're ehhh...

Thanks in advance.
This was my project 4 months ago, looked looked and looked around, couldnt find anything. Called up Eloy(The guy who makes RPI exhaust,very nice person) spoke to him about it for a while, he didnt agree to get me an additional pair and after talking to him I did respect his concerns with me trying to fake an RPI quad setup -- Hence I let go the funny idea.

But Yes, those RPI tips are Unique !

Goodluck with your treasure hunt

And Diamond, I do read your posts (Love the one about the N52 charger) and appreciate them but with all due respect, to him his own man, Sometimes it good to sit back and watch .
Old 11-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by theracerboss
This was my project 4 months ago, looked looked and looked around, couldnt find anything. Called up Eloy(The guy who makes RPI exhaust,very nice person) spoke to him about it for a while, he didnt agree to get me an additional pair and after talking to him I did respect his concerns with me trying to fake an RPI quad setup -- Hence I let go the funny idea.

But Yes, those RPI tips are Unique !

Goodluck with your treasure hunt

And Diamond, I do read your posts (Love the one about the N52 charger) and appreciate them but with all due respect, to him his own man, Sometimes it good to sit back and watch .
Diamond most likely made that up to get attention. Don't read his posts again LOL.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Quick Reply: Looking for RPI look alike tips.