E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Looking for LA Shops that can paint/install M-Aero kit.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. I'm a frequent visitor of this forum and think that it's the greatest. I'm wondering if anyone from around Los Angeles, CA. knows of a good place to get the full M-Aero kit it painted & installed for a reasonable price. Thanks in advance for any leads you can provide.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 1stimmer' post='250847' date='Mar 6 2006, 06:34 PM
Hi all. I'm a frequent visitor of this forum and think that it's the greatest. I'm wondering if anyone from around Los Angeles, CA. knows of a good place to get the full M-Aero kit it painted & installed for a reasonable price. Thanks in advance for any leads you can provide.

All I can say is don't go to Long Beach BMW! I'm dealing with a mess right now!
Old 03-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Blackonblackonblack' post='250865' date='Mar 6 2006, 05:12 PM
All I can say is don't go to Long Beach BMW! I'm dealing with a mess right now!
Thanks for the advice. That was one of the places I was considering up until now.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 1stimmer' post='250867' date='Mar 6 2006, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the advice. That was one of the places I was considering up until now.
I might as well let it out now...even if I know some of you on the board have friends there. But they majorly jacked up the radiator with dents and dings all over it, and were not very careful and have minor scratches in various places of the body of the car. I also now have overspray paint on my chrome exhaust that I cannot remove! They tried to say that there's now way they did the damage to the radiator because the m-kit front doesn't go beyond the protective bar, but they probably did it with the handles of the wrench or whatever they used to tighten the bumper. There's no way that the size of the damage could have been caused by stuff flying through the double kidney grills...it would not have fit. I know it's far away but I've heard good things about Crevier. Where in LA do you live or work?
Old 03-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Blackonblackonblack' post='250873' date='Mar 6 2006, 05:31 PM
I might as well let it out now...even if I know some of you on the board have friends there. But they majorly jacked up the radiator with dents and dings all over it, and were not very careful and have minor scratches in various places of the body of the car. I also now have overspray paint on my chrome exhaust that I cannot remove! They tried to say that there's now way they did the damage to the radiator because the m-kit front doesn't go beyond the protective bar, but they probably did it with the handles of the wrench or whatever they used to tighten the bumper. There's no way that the size of the damage could have been caused by stuff flying through the double kidney grills...it would not have fit. I know it's far away but I've heard good things about Crevier. Where in LA do you live or work?

Damn I'm sorry to hear that. I considered Long Beach because they have they're own shop. I live right by Dodger's Stadium but work around Burbank. I was going to buy my kit at Crevier but would need a place to do the paint and the install. I'm goning to have to do some calling around in the next couple days to find a reputable place. There's just so many places around here I don't know where to start.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '11 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity M Sport Carbon Black Cinnamon Brown Dark Bamboo Anthracite Headliner M Sports Pkg Convenience Pkg Active Steering Comfort Access Heated Front Seats Navigation Premium Hi-Fi

sorry to hear that Black on Black

I had a body shop in Santa Monica paint and install my full M-Kit and they did a great job with everything. They performed incredible work on my last E39 that was nearly totaled a few years ago as well. Maybe a bit far for you but here's their info:

Collision Craft
1626 Lincoln Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310) 581-0221
Ask for Richard
Old 03-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Black/Black, every option except HUD

Originally Posted by 1stimmer' post='250847' date='Mar 6 2006, 04:34 PM
The absolute best body shop in L.A. is Arroyo in N. Hollywood. They only work on high-end cars (Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati, BMW). They did my car and it was perfect. Speak to Rafael the owner (818) 765-7430
Old 03-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Contributors

I'm sure everyone's recommendations are good...but considering your live and work location, I would purchase the kit from New Century on Main and have any of the Marco's Auto Body shops do it. There are a few Marco's Autobody shops. I've been to the Pasadena one at 559 N. Fairoaks...(there's also one on So. Fairoaks!)...though my SA at New Century recommends the Marco's in Alhambra. I know 559 is E60 Certified...you'll see a bunch of BMW's and Mercedes there. Or, being in Burbank, you could try Pacific BMW's recommended body shop...it's on the way to work.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Blackonblackonblack' post='250873' date='Mar 6 2006, 05:31 PM
Wow...thanks for the info Black. I was seriously considering them to do my car when I get my kit this summer, and they are only a block away from where I work. I took my car there years ago to get my interior air bags reset, and they did a fairly good job.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ferdie' post='250970' date='Mar 7 2006, 01:53 AM
Wow...thanks for the info Black. I was seriously considering them to do my car when I get my kit this summer, and they are only a block away from where I work. I took my car there years ago to get my interior air bags reset, and they did a fairly good job.

Hey, do you work at Boeing? I know several people who have had good experiences at Long Beach...I'm just telling you all what just happened to me just a week ago...they just weren't as professional as Marco's in Pas. When I've picked up my car after several touch-up trips...they have no less then three guys polishing the car while you check it out...then they do this process of having you stand outside while the supervisor has one guy show you that ALL the electronics work after they've taken your car apart, i.e., turn on the signals, turn on the lights and high beams, open all the windows and sunroof, tilt the mirrors, pop the trunk, etc...granted, they're not the cheapest...but now, after trying somewhere else...I'll have to go back for more E60 plastic surgeries...I've gone 7 times in less than two years...every time I get a little knick! PM me (or anyone else), if you're interested, I'll give you the contact info.

Quick Reply: Looking for LA Shops that can paint/install M-Aero kit.