E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Is Logic 7 Upgrade expensive from Regular sound system?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by mazekid15
Could I add a interior amp? Or would I have to replace the one in the car? I would just get new speakers and add a interior amp. I mean in a normal car it seems easy, when it comes to BMW, I feel like its more difficult. I Logic 7 Amplifier is probably 5-600$ new.

I saw the post on E90, its a nice setup but a budget under 2,000$ is a nice budget. I wouldn't want to spend close to that. I already have 2 amps a JL W6 and a W3, I would need speakers, thats all. (IF I COULD UPGRADE IT)

I don't know, I may just bring it to a professional audio store and get some opinions first. I would definitely entertain upgrading to LOGIC 7 but not from the dealer, probably like 2400$ from those rip offs!
I suggest going with Rainbow for speakers and also suggest getting a DSP like ms-8. Give Don a buzz, he's in Edison http://www.exquisitemarketinggroup.com/

Speakers and dsp should run you about $1200.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
I too agree, its a mistake to go for the BSW if you have the Normal US Hi-Fi system. BSW sell the same speakers for the upgrade from L7 and Hi-Fi, except for the Hi-Fi they sell you fewer speakers. The problem with this approach is that the HU is not driving the BSW speakers as hard the L7 amp would. The result is a worse than before result.
Not a lot of people will give you this feedback after spending a stack of cash for something.

Originally Posted by nelson29
The improvement that the BSW gives over the stock system is marginal at best.Its pretty well documented everywhere. One thing for sure, their marketing department is doing an awesome job.

There's so much better out there to choose from. Rainbow, DLS, Seas, Scan-Speak, Morel, Dynaudio etc..

For a nice, noticeable upgrade i recommend doing something like this

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508584

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508793
Thanks for the clarification! I was thinking that too...

I have the Logic7, and I upgraded to BSW last fall. I think the upgrade was decent in overall. The sound is clearer than with the stock speakers, especially on the higher notes. I understand that these speakers require more power to sound good than a standard system can give without an aftermarket amp. But like said, it is a decent upgrade for a Logic7 system; 7 (quality) speakers, plug&play wiring etc. makes it a very tempting package. I was redoing my interior back then too, and I didn't need any more hassle and work with the speakers. I used to have Rainbow speakers in my previous car and they were great as well.

- Antti -
Old 04-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anzafin
Thanks for the clarification! I was thinking that too...

I have the Logic7, and I upgraded to BSW last fall. I think the upgrade was decent in overall. The sound is clearer than with the stock speakers, especially on the higher notes. I understand that these speakers require more power to sound good than a standard system can give without an aftermarket amp. But like said, it is a decent upgrade for a Logic7 system; 7 (quality) speakers, plug&play wiring etc. makes it a very tempting package. I was redoing my interior back then too, and I didn't need any more hassle and work with the speakers. I used to have Rainbow speakers in my previous car and they were great as well.

- Antti -
Will you sell me your stock Logic 7's
Old 04-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

If you really want the L7 upgrade post a want to buy thread, im pretty sure somebody have theirs laying aroung. Keep in mind that you car will also need to be programmed. I hope you dont regret it
Old 04-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Sorry mate they're gone already.

- Antti -
Old 04-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Senior Members

Programmed if I update to L7. Jesus. Everything with BMW is made to take more $$ out of your pocket! I definitely will just go somewhere local and see whats what. Spending over 1,000$ for Logic 7 (ATLEAST $1,000) is not probably a good idea. Thanks for the opinions either way, Ill get some quotes and see whats what.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:59 PM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

Originally Posted by nelson29
I suggest going with Rainbow for speakers and also suggest getting a DSP like ms-8. Give Don a buzz, he's in Edison http://www.exquisitemarketinggroup.com/

Speakers and dsp should run you about $1200.
are the connectors the same on the rainbows 4in. Also they have a 4 post set up and the back speakers in the bmw only have a space for three screws with a hump n the top left they do not seem like they would fit