E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LM recode for LCI Lights retrofit question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E60 M5
Thumbs down

My dealer couldn't recode/program my car. They said that the software tells that the LM is incompatible for my car version.

I done the hardware install, CIP update and they can't find an option to encode/program the retrofit on SSS. No light package option after the retrofit path. Just the error message!

I bought from my supplier the LM # 61 35 9 179 186 instead of LM # 61 35 9 154 944.

He told me that the LM ending # 186 is for cars with HUD + AHL + BiXenon.

Does anyone with LCI lights retrofit working has the LM ending # 944 and HUD?

Does anyone knows the difference from those LMs?

Thanks,

Alex
Old 09-26-2008, 12:18 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andy knows about, he has done the retrofit, he has HUD and he bought 2 LCMs as well....
Old 09-26-2008, 01:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Alex, I'm currently on holidays and can't check for you the exact part number - I can check it when I get back on the 12 Oct if you can wait that long.

I do know I had a LM2 that wouldn't encode and that the second would and did have one that ended in 944 but don't remember if that's the one that would encode.

Be sure that you have sorted the correct cabling procedure for the front HERE

and the rear HERE

I remember during the CIP encoding I didn't see "light package" as has been mentioned but did see under Lights > LM > encode.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:11 AM
Contributors

Hi Andy and Nick,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I took my car back. The dealer didn't know how to get everything working. Here is very difficult because nobody runs BMW retrofits in Brazil ...

I will wait for Andy's LM part number to figure what is wrong with my retrofit. I will check again the cabling just to avoid any cable issue.

By the way Andy, Do you have corner lights function working ?

Thanks,

Alex
Old 09-26-2008, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alex.br' post='678988' date='Sep 26 2008, 06:11 PM
Hi Andy and Nick,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I took my car back. The dealer didn't know how to get everything working. Here is very difficult because nobody runs BMW retrofits in Brazil ...

I will wait for Andy's LCM part number to figure what is wrong with my retrofit. I will check again the cabling just to avoid any cable issue.

By the way Andy, Do you have corner lights function working ?

Thanks,

Alex
Alex, if you point out to your boys there the cable pin assignment, you should be good. Print out the pdf from Rootkit's thread (updated LCI). The programming is definitely in Progman, so no excuses from your mechanic !

Ref, corner lights: they do not operate on my car but should be good on your car's year model (>09/2006) - the SZL switch located on the steering column (contains the steering wheel angle sensor) does not give this particular command on my car. I would have to retrofit this along with some other stuff I'm not prepared to do. I've seen it work on my friend's 335i and honestly don't miss as it would come in handy in only a handful of spots where I live...

will let you know on the part number.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by andy545' post='679101' date='Sep 26 2008, 10:55 AM
Alex, if you point out to your boys there the cable pin assignment, you should be good. Print out the pdf from Rootkit's thread (updated LCI). The programming is definitely in Progman, so no excuses from your mechanic !

Ref, corner lights: they do not operate on my car but should be good on your car's year model (>09/2006) - the SZL switch located on the steering column (contains the steering wheel angle sensor) does not give this particular command on my car. I would have to retrofit this along with some other stuff I'm not prepared to do. I've seen it work on my friend's 335i and honestly don't miss as it would come in handy in only a handful of spots where I live...

for the cornering lights is there alot of parts to change? any program needed for that?
Old 09-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by andy545' post='679101' date='Sep 26 2008, 02:55 PM

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the update. I will wait for the LM part number.

Enjoy your holidays!
Old 09-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Contributors

Alex,
My light module was the 944 one. But then again my car does not have HUD. For my dealer, they first installed the latest progman. Then, wired everything up according to the instructions .pdf. The trickly part is looking for the procedure to encode the conversion. When they hook the car up again to the SSS...if I remembered correctly it gave a caution/warning of something about adaptive/bixenon light module. That can be ignored. Under retrofit, the "lights package" was the name of the procedure. For my dealer---retrofit and conversion is like the same thing. Maybe it is listed under "conversion" over there?
Old 09-27-2008, 07:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by r9ndy' post='679250
Alex,
My light module was the 944 one. But then again my car does not have HUD. For my dealer, they first installed the latest progman. Then, wired everything up according to the instructions .pdf. The trickly part is looking for the procedure to encode the conversion. When they hook the car up again to the SSS...if I remembered correctly it gave a caution/warning of something about adaptive/bixenon light module. That can be ignored. Under retrofit, the "lights package" was the name of the procedure. For my dealer---retrofit and conversion is like the same thing. Maybe it is listed under "conversion" over there?
Rootkit is correct, part no. for the LM2 has to correspond to the options on the car - xenon, adaptive, HUD etc.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by andy545' post='679678' date='Sep 27 2008, 01:44 PM
for car's before 09/2006, to get the cornering lights to work would entail: changing steering column, SZL (see above), all switches on the steering column etc.

There's a guy in Germany who's looking into a software "hack" for the SZL, DSC and high/low CAN bus to get this operating but his doing it on his time off and don't expect a breakthrough any time soon.

Rootkit is correct, part no. for the LM2 has to correspond to the options on the car - xenon, adaptive, HUD etc.

Hi Andy,

Did you return from your holidays already?

Could you get the LM part number that you installed with the retrofit?

Thanks,

Alex

Quick Reply: LM recode for LCI Lights retrofit question