E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Light up the Led Eyebrows

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 06:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.
Talking

04 530i Black sapphire metallic
I've gathered all the info dat i cud about non working led eyebrows on top of the headlights. Summed it down to one thing and that was, a software upgrade. Now my car is outta warranty and stealership wanted $450 to upgrade it. I know the adaptive headlamps dun work properly either until we get the upgrade. But my main concern was to get the eyebrows lit. So i just jumped it from the angel eyes. Its very easy DIY. I took the front left side headlamp out and just bridged a wire from the wire that powers up the angel eye rings to the eyebrows wire. And Bam both of the leds lit up. Now i'm shining.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Did you disconnected the eyebrows from their original cable?
Old 06-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Shezmon' post='916895' date='Jun 19 2009, 10:30 AM
04 530i Black sapphire metallic
I've gathered all the info dat i cud about non working led eyebrows on top of the headlights. Summed it down to one thing and that was, a software upgrade. Now my car is outta warranty and stealership wanted $450 to upgrade it. I know the adaptive headlamps dun work properly either until we get the upgrade. But my main concern was to get the eyebrows lit. So i just jumped it from the angel eyes. Its very easy DIY. I took the front left side headlamp out and just bridged a wire from the wire that powers up the angel eye rings to the eyebrows wire. And Bam both of the leds lit up. Now i'm shining.

Pictures?
confused
Old 06-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

No i didn't disconnect anything... very simple... Take the headlight out right side. There are 2 harness plugs that plug into the light itself. The big one (harness plug) to the top has like 6 wires or so running into it, and there is a small one with 3 wires beneath it. Now the big harness plug has the wires coming into it dat lights up the high beams, low beam hids, angel eyes and signals etc. Basically the big harness plug powers everything in the headlamp. I checked with the probe and found out that the top most wire was powering up the angel eye rings. So i spliced the wire (wire dat powers the angel eyes) and joined another piece of wire onto it about 7 inches long, taped it and the other end of the wire i connected to the power wire of the eyebrows. The eye brows plug has two wires going to it, one is ground and one suppose to have power. So the other end of the wire i connected to the power wire going into the eyebrows.
Now obviously when u turn on the park lights and the angel eyes come on, both eyebrows come on with it. I am sorry i didn't take ne pics, but it a bit pain in the ass to take the head light out again. other wise i'd do it for you guys.. Gud luck
Originally Posted by Brit_in_NJ' post='916917' date='Jun 19 2009, 10:48 AM
Did you disconnected the eyebrows from their original cable?
Old 06-19-2009, 07:58 AM
Members

this would be one good reason why I'd open up the headlights and swap out the orange leds for white ones.. then bridge it to the AEs