E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Light Module v1 to v2

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 06:11 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My goal here is to replace the first generation light module with the newer one to enable welcome lights and at some point in the future enable a LCI facelift.

I've managed to get my hands on a second gen light module, part no 9154943.

My issue is when I do a search in ETK for this module, a e60 M5 never shows up as compatible however other E60's do show up. Fine right?

Wrong, all of the times the part 9154943 is mentioned it never shows Yes to all 3 options namely adaptive, xeons, HUD.

After a bit more searching this module is used for a M6 (see attached) and has Yes to all of the above options.

My question is am I likely to hit any barriers when trying to code a module onto a car which never officially had this part? :-)
Old 08-19-2011, 06:12 AM
Members

Upload
Attached Thumbnails Light Module v1 to v2-light-module-m6.jpg  
Old 08-19-2011, 06:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

I believe that once you add this to your VO and code via Tool32 you will be all set as long as the Light Module supports the systems that you plan to install. I believe Bruce Miranda created a thread not too long ago on how to install and code the LMII module without problems. I recently acquired an LMII module from a 2009 528i and i only have a 545i so this part definitely wasnt made for my car or even available but the installation/coding was possible...

good luck!
Old 08-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Members

markie

My question to you .. does your mask or ccc have the option for welcome lights ?

what will happen if you just change the lm module and don't have it on your mask or ccc any one ?
Old 08-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by javan
markie

My question to you .. does your mask or ccc have the option for welcome lights ?

what will happen if you just change the lm module and don't have it on your mask or ccc any one ?
If his MASK or CCC is out of date and does not have this as an option, welcome light can still be enabled via LMA, just he won't be able to enable/disable via iDrive.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
If his MASK or CCC is out of date and does not have this as an option, welcome light can still be enabled via LMA, just he won't be able to enable/disable via iDrive.
Nice to see you on here Markie, you should get some pics up in the M5 section. Nomis is correct the functions will still work.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Members

Thanks mate :-)

Well after much pissing about trying to get the welcome lights to work, I kinda cheated and enabled the option in the CCC and used that to finally enable them.

The only difference I could spot in the LMA trace file between what I had already coded and what was left to code are these:
// this wasnt present at all
HEIMLEUCHTEN_1
wert_01

// was set to nicht_aktiv
TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE_1
aktiv

// was set to nicht_aktiv
WELCOMELIGHT_CKM_1
aktiv

Not sure what the first option was, but the second one looks like enabling some kind of euro setting "ECE" and last one I guess has something todo with the keyfob. But most importantly my entire street now lights up like some kind of laser display!.

The light unit I used was secondhand and has come from a donor car that has front fogs, mine being a M5 doesnt have such things. I've managed to remove these checks but I've got a few errors left for the rear lights which are puzzling me any ideas? I'm currently going through a process of elimination but it takes time..

Some piccys attached for those who are thinking about doing it.
Attached Thumbnails Light Module v1 to v2-photo-1.jpg   Light Module v1 to v2-photo-2.jpg   Light Module v1 to v2-photo-4.jpg   Light Module v1 to v2-photo-5.jpg   Light Module v1 to v2-new.jpg  

Old 08-22-2011, 12:37 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

What I noticed with ETK is that it will often show the same part for a combination of options. So what I do is I always try and find a part that ticks the most "Yes's". What I found with the LM2 was that there were only two variants ALC and non-ALC.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Markie, if yo want to alter your daytime running lights to angel eyes only change these functions :-

VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33
drl_s
DRL_TFL_SML_33
aktive

To customise your welcome lights heres all the functions that relate to it :-

WL_BLK_H rear turn signals
WL_AL low beams
WL_FL high beams
WL_KZL rear number plate lights
WL_NSL rear fog lights
WL_NSW front fog lights
WL_POL eyebrows
WL_SL_1 Angel eyes
All these functions need ether "hart_einschalten", hard switch on/off or "soft_einschalten", soft fade in/out.

To enable the cornering lights, in CAPPL VA_CORNERINGLIGHT.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
All these functions need ether "hart_einschalten", hard switch on/off or "soft_einschalten", soft fade in/out.

To enable the cornering lights, in CAPPL VA_CORNERINGLIGHT.
Cheers mate, I did wonder what the hart_einschalten meant.

I've read somewhere that the angel eyes drop to 6v when the xeons are enabled, have you altered that one on yours?

Quick Reply: Light Module v1 to v2