5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   Life Expectancy of Festoon LED's (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/life-expectancy-festoon-leds-37642/)

terracotta 03-07-2007 01:30 PM

Does anybody know the life of these LED lights that some of us have for our license plates?? I'm asking because I've gone through 2 LED's already and it's only been 4 months. The first one went out on me a few weeks ago when it started flickering and I didn't realize it until a cop pulled me over on 280 to let me know. He said it was distracting to other drivers and told me to fix it asap??!! Luckily, I didn't get a fix it or speeding ticket. :whistle: I would think these bulbs would last longer?? And they aren't cheap either...

bleudyno 03-07-2007 03:49 PM

I experienced that problem too. I don't know if its because of the resistors or not but I've gone through about 4 already. I bought 8 of them so I could just swap them out but still, the fail rate of these festoon bulbs is pretty high. Anyone else with this problem?

ICEMAN 316 03-07-2007 04:11 PM

I've been having the same problem. Went through 4 sets already but I dont think its the resisters cause I've changed them out before but had the same result. BMW4LiFE has the same problem too.. I've writen emails to the website that i bought it from but got no reply. Maybe we should search for a different brand of leds

bonehead 03-07-2007 04:14 PM

No problems here....so far. I hope these aren't shoddy bulbs b/c I just purchased/installed a whole set to replace the lights in my cabin/trunk. Like terracotta said, these ain't cheap.

alpinewhite 03-07-2007 04:22 PM

i have mine for 4 months, but they are so dim now. good thing i bought extra :lol:

C's Bimmer 03-07-2007 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by iceman316' post='399915' date='Mar 7 2007, 08:11 PM
I've been having the same problem. Went through 4 sets already but I dont think its the resisters cause I've changed them out before but had the same result. BMW4LiFE has the same problem too.. I've writen emails to the website that i bought it from but got no reply. Maybe we should search for a different brand of leds

If you find another company with another set, let us know, but I'd have to believe they won't be much different.

terracotta 03-08-2007 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='399924' date='Mar 7 2007, 05:34 PM
If you find another company with another set, let us know, but I'd have to believe they won't be much different.

Yah.., I haven't found another company that carry these led's. I wonder how reliable are the led's on the Lexus vehicles?? They don't look as bright as ours (IMO), but if they last longer and it fits our cars, I don't mind trying it out. Anyone drive a Lexus here who can help us find out???