E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Let The Mods Begin!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 04:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bored on the train on my way to work so why not share...
So after waiting out the PAINFUL winter to install my mods, it's FINALLY time and I'm to excited to hold it in. I intended to finish the mods list 1st and then post pics but I figured having input from you guys my help me to be closer to that "perfect" look!

So I started last week by Changing my wheels to the 166's. My hearts desire are some forged wheels with an insane lip but I decided to wait until next year summer to "change my shoes" excuse my terrible phone pics but y'all get the picture

Before

After

I knew that I needed spacers to provide that aggressive look I'm going for but I didn't yet because of reason to come later in the story.
So after installing the wheels w/ my hankook v12's tires and loving the ride, I could hold back from installing my ksport coilovers!
Thanks to Michael for being avaiable to answer questions I had with installation!
(again these pics are crappy but will get better ones soon)

This side profile shot was taken BEFORE we matched the front height to the rears.

The look I'm in love with!! Some may say it's to low, some may love it the way it is, but hey that's a personal pref as we all know. (reason for no spacers)... Surprisingly the car does not touch the tire at all! (the one time when I didn't see the sink in the road doesn't count )... I started all the way stiff, but that was TOOO crazy for me and I know my wife won't have liked it much (buying her a new car soon) Then went 10 clicks softer to the front 8 to the back and drove it Saturday night into Sunday morning like that. Still not in love with that setting, but alot better. Gave the car a nice run on the Belt parkway and the handling Sunday decided to take my wife to city island with some other friends, one who drives an M3 (the drive with him is always crazy/ fun..my sig shows ) I decided to make the coilovers all the way soft and I must say.... It feels much closer to the stock with a bouncy feel at times so I will have to go a few clicks at a time stiffer to get that perfect setting for me.
The car is not going to stay that low because my Mtech kit w/ lip and spoiler should be going on this week courtesy of Motorcepts and I know it's going to get adjusted to suit the kit. They are also going to install my M5 rep mirrors, complete M5 OEM Brakes setup and my single to quads exhaust!! (Lord help my pockets ). I already have all the minor things like the front grill, peddle set and retracable license plate holder to be installed once the Kit is on. Other mods that was done in the winter was the Led interior, License plate, angel eyes and hids fogs (which I change back to the original everytime I go back to the dealer...not like it matters now anymore ) What can I say, I'm enjoying the process so far. Let me know what you guys think!!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:04 AM
Banned

rass bhai char nah look bad
Old 05-09-2011, 05:57 AM
Senior Members

Nice I like the color and I'm a sucker for black rims. I'd raise the back a little more only because I'm big on poke>tuck. GL
Old 05-09-2011, 06:20 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

lookin' good can't wait to see the m-tech kit
Old 05-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Members

Thanks guys... i cant wait to put the Kit myself man. Im gonna have to buy an mtech quad diffuser for my rear bumper or just get an M5 bumper. Im only seeing the diffuser in carbon fiber. May just try and paint it black..IDK
Old 05-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

sweet broham. i dunno how u dudes roll around in ny.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:34 AM
Members

I know most of the roads I drive on very well. Know which hole is where!! Now the roads I don't know.... Well I just crawl.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i - GONE

that's one hell of an aggressive drop, i like it! good work! makes me want to get a similar setup.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

NIIIIIIIIIIIICE
Old 05-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525I

drop is sick.

Quick Reply: Let The Mods Begin!!