E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LEDs installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting. I've been thinking about replacing the interior lights and the license plate lights too. Do you like all of them or do you find any of them are too bright? It's probably just how it comes across from the photo but it almost looks like light come down from the front above the area between the driver and passenger is mega-bright. That light doesn't cause you to squint or look away does it? Just the picture or a wee bit bright?
Old 09-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009.5 E60 550i MSport 2011 E90 ///M3 ZCP

amazing! motorcepts for the win!
Old 09-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport package

I also have the led interior light kit and I think it makes a huge difference. After you vacuum the floor mats, clean the garage
Old 09-18-2012, 04:26 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White 2010 535 M-Sport

Originally Posted by crypto
Thanks for posting. I've been thinking about replacing the interior lights and the license plate lights too. Do you like all of them or do you find any of them are too bright? It's probably just how it comes across from the photo but it almost looks like light come down from the front above the area between the driver and passenger is mega-bright. That light doesn't cause you to squint or look away does it? Just the picture or a wee bit bright?
I was worried about the dome lights as well. I installed all of the other lights first and was considering leaving the dome lights OEM. Figured I would try them and see if I liked them. So far so good. No squinting or looking away. Its been a few days and they dont grab my attention as being too bright when I get in... They are bright, but not like the photos. There just isn't a good way to capture the look in a photo of a light.

In all the kits (from John) you get the dome lights with the door, footwells etc, so I would just give them a try. The footwell, door lights and plate lights really change the look of the car to match the xenon look, so if you decided to skip the domes I still think you would be happy with the results. This Mod is an easy DIY and really makes a difference.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:36 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White 2010 535 M-Sport

Originally Posted by onetime
I also have the led interior light kit and I think it makes a huge difference. After you vacuum the floor mats, clean the garage
I just couldn't wait to get the lights in..garage and mats are clean now. I thought having black mats was bad at first, now add the LEDs...I will be vacuuming each day . Still worth the Mod.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport package

Gotta love it!
Old 09-18-2012, 04:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by crypto
Not sure when you would have to squint. I have the same kit, and no issues with squinting. Well worth the effort and cost in my view. Looks awesome when you unlock the car in the dark!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:25 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great, OP. Did this mod myself about 2 months ago and love how it looks against my black leather and dark wood! You need to throw on some aluminum pedals so that those LEDs can shine off of them against the black carpet! I'm waiting on mine to arrive within the next day or so...
Old 03-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jim165
Looks great, OP. Did this mod myself about 2 months ago and love how it looks against my black leather and dark wood! You need to throw on some aluminum pedals so that those LEDs can shine off of them against the black carpet! I'm waiting on mine to arrive within the next day or so...
Who's offering the M pedals? I've been looking for these.

Thanks,
Old 03-12-2013, 09:50 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2005 E60

oh man ur lighting looks amazing! I have a 2005 e60 with black interior. I think i might do the switch. could you give me more info on the rear led light mods? Im new to this. lol Never done any mods to my car.

Quick Reply: LEDs installed