E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LED DRL's

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 550I BLK
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N62

What's the price shipped to Jacksonville fl
Old 01-05-2015, 03:37 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Sure thing - give us a call first thing in the morning, more parts are arriving, we can do a quick shipment for this weekend delivery.
Your car will look like the one above (the fogs).
Old 01-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

star69me, those are for LCI's headlights, our pre-LCI are not that bright
Old 01-06-2015, 02:13 AM
Members
Senior Members

Hey quanger headlights? I have the projector fogs and I was inquiring about bulb for my fogs bc I still have those dull looking oem so I never turn the on or my day runner's my day runner's are just a light no halo ring so I don't use it it looks corny and people can date the car... lol
Old 01-06-2015, 03:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d

Originally Posted by star69me
Hey quanger headlights? I have the projector fogs and I was inquiring about bulb for my fogs bc I still have those dull looking oem so I never turn the on or my day runner's my day runner's are just a light no halo ring so I don't use it it looks corny and people can date the car... lol
You need coding to change the DRLs to the halos
Old 01-06-2015, 04:51 AM
Members
Senior Members

Oh cool so that bulb needs to be deleted? Changed and coded? I see you guys talking alot about coding. Where do I read up on this at or who do I need to see/find bc apparently I need a few things codes
Old 01-06-2015, 08:27 AM
Senior Members

You've just got to search around, I googled around and read various sites as much as I could before taking the plunge.

No not deleted as it's your high beam/flash to pass too.

Just change the coding. I was actually messing around with US DRL option yesterday and it switches the high beam on at a low intensity. In that mode, the halos only switched on when I put the light switch to the first position, even then, the low intensity high beam stayed on.

If you select the other mode the halos are your DRLs through and through.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:19 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 m5
Default Pre-LCI DRL UPGRADE

So there's a lot of talk about fogs and DRL's almost interchangeably. So I'm a bit confused.

I have a 2006 e60 m5 with pre-LCI and xenon bulbs. Of my two bulbs in the main headlight; the outer one is the xenon which is my normal headlight and high beam.

The inner bulb is what I think it's called the DRL or "flash to pass" and only comes on when I pull the lever. This bulb is a halogen bulb with an amber color.

I would like to upgrade this bulb in the inside (DRL/"flash to pass") for a white/blue light. Either LED or a white halogen like the PIAA (but I've heard bad reviews about PIAA)

So what are the best options for this particular bulb?
Old 01-12-2015, 04:51 PM
Senior Members

what month is the build date of your E60? You may be able to code the angel eyes to be your daytime running lights.

You've described the function of each light perfectly!
I've got the same headlights as you, over here when DRLs is ticked, it's as if you have the light switch in position 1. Inner flash to pass as DRL is only a US option, which I tried on my car the other day and it looked naff. I popped in an LM2, now I have angel eyes as my DRLs.

If you want white flash to pass bulbs, then you need something extremely bright, and there's only one option on the market at the mo: NEW 50W 3600LM H7 CREE MKR Chip Led Car Headlight Kit Fog Lamps DRL White Bulbs | eBay
I don't know how they'll cope in DRL mode, since the car sends about 4V~ 6V (average) in that mode to those bulbs.
Worst case, you could just get those blue coated halogen bulbs...
Old 01-13-2015, 07:01 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 m5

Originally Posted by sanjsanj
what month is the build date of your E60? You may be able to code the angel eyes to be your daytime running lights.

You've described the function of each light perfectly!
I've got the same headlights as you, over here when DRLs is ticked, it's as if you have the light switch in position 1. Inner flash to pass as DRL is only a US option, which I tried on my car the other day and it looked naff. I popped in an LM2, now I have angel eyes as my DRLs.

If you want white flash to pass bulbs, then you need something extremely bright, and there's only one option on the market at the mo: NEW 50W 3600LM H7 CREE MKR Chip Led Car Headlight Kit Fog Lamps DRL White Bulbs | eBay
I don't know how they'll cope in DRL mode, since the car sends about 4V~ 6V (average) in that mode to those bulbs.
Worst case, you could just get those blue coated halogen bulbs...
My Beast's build date was 12/5/2005. Thanks for the advise. Based on build dates what are the options?

Quick Reply: LED DRL's