E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI Tails (Test Fit) Retrofit | Orion V2 Preview

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

Hey everyone, as you guys may know last week i scored some LCI tails at my local junkyard for a steal of a deal. after researching on the forum i figured out that you can simply order the retrofit cables via the dealership ($35) and then custom code you car for the bruce lighting effects and avoid any error messages (you need the LM2 though). Anyway, today i decided to do a test fit of the LCI tails after i picked up my retrofit cables from the dealer. Turns out that LCI tails are fully functional and pretty much plug & play right out the gate (the only thing is you get brake light errors on your idrive screen).

anyway, here are a a couple pics....LCI tails are one of the best mods anyone can do. i love the way my car looks (even more so) now. i sill plan to custom code my car to get the better lighting effect and rid myself of the errors, but im not too worried right now bc my M5 cluster already gives me errors daily due to the fact that its still looking for an SMG trans that isnt present lmao!

a couple pics of the tails and of my Orion V2 project that is nearly complete (still gotta clean up my headlights and tighten up the screws). i did the Ehssan blacked out method. the Orions are custom wired. they fade on and off when u lock and unlock the doors. also they work as daytime running lights and i installed a switch to easily turn them off when needed. in addition, i left the old AEs in there and dropped in the Motorcepts 5W red AE bulbs as an outline...not to mention my Ultimate White Eugene eyebrows via the help of TheRacerBoss! the final package i shall dub AEs Detroit Style (red & white for our awesome Detroit Red Wings of course!)
Attached Thumbnails LCI Tails (Test Fit) Retrofit | Orion V2 Preview-photo-4.jpg   LCI Tails (Test Fit) Retrofit | Orion V2 Preview-photo-3.jpg   LCI Tails (Test Fit) Retrofit | Orion V2 Preview-photo-2.jpg   LCI Tails (Test Fit) Retrofit | Orion V2 Preview-photo-1.jpg  
Old 08-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Hot car. Officially!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i. Murdered. Carbon Black. Painted tail lights, M5 trunk spoiler. RS Technik 15mm spacers (rear). Black 172's.

Car looks amazing. Loving the blackout with the red AE's.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Senior Members

very nice!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

How interesting! Those white LEDs for the eyebrow looks noticeably brighter than the Radio Shack ones. From TRB's pics, they didn't seem to be that distinctively brighter, but your pictures tell a different story.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:14 AM
Senior Members

@ Simon, they are super crazy bright. they are as visible in the daylight as my Orions are. during the night, they light up the street to the left and right of me, it looks amazing. perhaps the best part of it all is they are the exact same color temperature as my Orions so its a unified front. i love it!

TheRacerBoss sent me a few and i used his DIY on soldering and positioning...the rest is history. ill take some detailed/upclose pics once i have a chance to get in there and really clean things up. for right now im just in love w/ these LCI tails
Old 08-12-2011, 05:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great, just don't know about the eyebrow mod. Would hate to blind people driving next to me at night time.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:07 AM
Contributors

Looking good. Can't wait to put my headlights back on the car.

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
Looks great, just don't know about the eyebrow mod. Would hate to blind people driving next to me at night time.
That's what I was thinking too. I tested these and it was bright. Lit up the room. I even thought about changing them back to the Radio Shack ones.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Senior Members

nah, keep em. trust me. they look amazing. you will be staring at them via any reflective surface you pass by while driving. they are definite head turners as well (not like any of us want our cars to get extra attention while we are driving around right?).

are you doing any custom wiring? fade on/off or welcome lights like i did?
Old 08-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Senior Members

Man... Looks great! You still riding on the tires I sent you? I love the drop. What are you planning on doing with the rear bumper? Mtech or M5tech?

Quick Reply: LCI Tails (Test Fit) Retrofit | Orion V2 Preview