E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Lci tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

will this work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting
Old 02-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Contributors

I also found this but not in english
can some 1 translator this.
will it work on my 04 car
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190285306301&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38.l1313%26_nkw%3D190285306301%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1
Old 02-16-2009, 02:18 AM
Contributors

they will go straight on your car, he says that they will fit all models from 2003- on but later says only for cars with xeion lights??

another strange thing is on one of the photos 2nd down on the left, it shows only the "fan" led's being lit up?
on my car the small circle is lit up all the time (in every position) the bulbs behind the led strips just glow bright when brakes are on, or fog lights are on.
ill post pics shortly. ??
Old 02-16-2009, 03:33 AM
ADD
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Dr Dave' post='793868' date='Feb 16 2009, 06:18 AM
they will go straight on your car, he says that they will fit all models from 2003- on but later says only for cars with xeion lights??

another strange thing is on one of the photos 2nd down on the left, it shows only the "fan" led's being lit up?
on my car the small circle is lit up all the time (in every position) the bulbs behind the led strips just glow bright when brakes are on, or fog lights are on.

On the LCI, I believe that the "circle" portion of the light lights up last when you unlock the car and the "welcome lights" come on. In this mode, the tubes light up first and then the circle, and none of the lights behind the tubes come on. He may have taken the picture in this situation to accentuate the tubes for the photo.

Just speculation.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='793658' date='Feb 16 2009, 03:11 AM
I also found this but not in english
can some 1 translator this.
will it work on my 04 car
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ries%26_fvi%3D1
It says : Join the LCI taillights club

Get it pingy
Old 02-16-2009, 04:38 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I don't want to provide any negative feedback about that seller or RoverActive's 'so called retrofit' cables.

However both of them provide you with a solution that was written up and freely available on this forum itself, except that the German sellers do it for you. Basically its just a resistor attached to the Turn. Not only do you not get the LCI effect but you will also get the Strobing at start-up but more dangerously you get the Strobing of the Turn light once every 5 mins even as you drive.

The pictures on the first German guy's listing are of an LCI car, I think, instead of a car with the lights and his cable. On an LCI car if you have DRL you have only the fan lights on. The second German listing is more like a pre-LCI car with the wiring they supply - Note the Brake/Tail light on all the time behind the LED rods.

I'm happy to be proven wrong.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='793891' date='Feb 16 2009, 07:38 AM
I don't want to provide any negative feedback about that seller or RoverActive's 'so called retrofit' cables.

However both of them provide you with a solution that was written up and freely available on this forum itself, except that the German sellers do it for you. Basically its just a resistor attached to the Turn. Not only do you not get the LCI effect but you will also get the Strobing at start-up but more dangerously you get the Strobing of the Turn light once every 5 mins even as you drive.

The pictures on the first German guy's listing are of an LCI car, I think, instead of a car with the lights and his cable. On an LCI car if you have DRL you have only the fan lights on. The second German listing is more like a pre-LCI car with the wiring they supply - Note the Brake/Tail light on all the time behind the LED rods.

I'm happy to be proven wrong.
+1. I went through roveractive, and although a nice guy, the parts he's selling require your own inventive retrofit NOT PLUG AND PLAY. He gave me Bruce's wiring diagram before I even knew Bruce was the original wiring designer. The whole point of getting these tail lights is the LCI look, not just getting them to function. Bruce's cables are one of the only options we have right now. I beleive someone else did a cheaper retrofit, hopefully they'll chime in too.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:59 AM
ADD
Senior Members

Bruce, you are correct. I guess I never paid attention before.

On an LCI vehicle, with DRL activated, the rear lights only illuminate the "fan". Not the circle or the lights behind.

Learn something new everyday!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:02 AM
Contributors

my car is pre LCI but with LCI lights and with bruces excellent plug and go cables, im glad i have the fan + circle lit up all the time.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Dr Dave' post='793868' date='Feb 16 2009, 07:18 PM

thanks for the info

Quick Reply: Lci tail lights