E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI HID Angel Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

While I was driving today, I was thinking on HOW to rig this freakin HID angel eye. I was thinking of using switch-smart and relay cables. That's a similar application that the e90post guys are using but some of them get errors sometimes and it may not turn on at times. I looked at Raj's car with the HID angel eyes. Ballasts are regular slim ballasts non digital hooked up in series with a resistor. I dont really like that idea either since it doesnt like to turn on sometimes.

Now here's a couple things I can do. However, it would not turn on automatically as DRL and you will LOSE the fade in fade out feature. Both these ways will eliminate the use of the power/signal from the factory angel eyes.

Option 1 -
Run a fused wire to the positive and then ground. Wire up a resistor to the factory H8. Leave the H8 as is. Run a switch to the interior so you can turn it whenever you want. Now you can also hook up a relay cable so when you're interior lights go on, your angel eyes turn on as well.

Option 2 -
Run a relay cable to positive and ground. Hook up a resistor Hook up the signal from the eyebrow. Whenever you turn on the parking lights, your angel eyes will turn on. Might be able to also hook up the signal from interior lights so when ur interior lights are on, angel eyes are on.

I will be trying all these options once my car is FINISHED programming etc. Scheduled to go into BMW for program on the 16th. I'll still try to build a plug and play kit that truly works but as of now, I am looking for a simpler and DEFINITE way to try this. I WANT HID ANGEL EYES!!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

what about when the xenons are turned on and the AE's dim...with this kit the AE's will not dim with the xenons....problem is that one bulb lights both halo's per side...so the outer halo is illuminated via reflected/redirected light...so the bulb/kit has to be bright enough to illuminate both, but IMO: not drown out the xenons is they stay on...

I honestly think the automatic/fade in and out function has something to do with why these kits work on retrofitted LCI lights and not on OEM LCI's....
Old 09-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='1006020' date='Sep 13 2009, 03:17 AM
what about when the xenons are turned on and the AE's dim...with this kit the AE's will not dim with the xenons....problem is that one bulb lights both halo's per side...so the outer halo is illuminated via reflected/redirected light...so the bulb/kit has to be bright enough to illuminate both, but IMO: not drown out the xenons is they stay on...

I honestly think the automatic/fade in and out function has something to do with why these kits work on retrofitted LCI lights and not on OEM LCI's....
once retrofitted to LCI cars, they all have fade in fade out.

It's just that the signal gets all weird and the computer decides to shut power off for LCI cars. THe wiring for pre-LCI is probably better. I am not sure.

I;m going to keep trying. I'll probably get a signal from the eyebrows instead of wiring a switch. How many of us are forgetful and end up leaving it on??
Old 10-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any progress on plug and play hid angel eyes for lci