E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ksport Coilovers installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Oh you can still get it in there. John had the same problem but pure raw strength got it in.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by tex_phil

So I needed to adjust the rear coilovers because its way too bouncy. I figure out how to access the shocks on one side, and the pin was in there. And then I took over the other side and the damn shop didn't put the adjustment pin in there.

So I can only adjust one side, and in order to put in the pin the entire coilover has to be removed.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Did you get the Euro trunk finisher on purpose?

A person I know bought the trunk finisher (not going to name names, lol) and didn't even realize it's the Euro version.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:03 AM
jgt
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by tex_phil

So I needed to adjust the rear coilovers because its way too bouncy. I figure out how to access the shocks on one side, and the pin was in there. And then I took over the other side and the damn shop didn't put the adjustment pin in there.

So I can only adjust one side, and in order to put in the pin the entire coilover has to be removed.

No worries I did the same thing on BOTH sides. Like Mike said you can still get them in it'll just take some brute force.
There's going to be some foam insulation surrounding the rear deck. Just use the head of the adjustment pin to push through it.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

yeah worst case jack up the car, remove the wheel, unscrew the 3 top hat screws not all the way but enough for the shock to lower itself, and then it'll make it easier.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 05-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Members

If it's too bouncy check and make sure they are adjusted properly. The shop that I had install my rears had mine adjusted just by using the seat and seat lock instead of threading the whole strut shaft down into the sleeve. I've read that the seat is supposed to be snug on the spring also... Not super tight. I have K sports adjusted pretty low and my ride quality is still pretty awesome.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Did you get the Euro trunk finisher on purpose?

A person I know bought the trunk finisher (not going to name names, lol) and didn't even realize it's the Euro version.
Yes I did realize it was euro, I was actually planning on running a Swiss euro plate, but I bet the cops would harass me
Old 05-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 545

doesn't even look lowered to me
Old 05-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Yes, you should should of seen the before, the gap was huge. I actually need to lower it more, I thought with spring settling there would be no wheel gap. Gotta adjust it though
Old 05-09-2011, 02:55 PM
jmk
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i

Originally Posted by jgt
I don't know the exact drop in inches but you can literally dump the front and rear to the ground if you really want to.
I see. How do these compare to KWs, quality wise? In terms of drop, I know KWs only go down ~2" front and rear.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:11 PM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by jmk
I see. How do these compare to KWs, quality wise? In terms of drop, I know KWs only go down ~2" front and rear.
I've never owned KW's so I can't compare quality. The K Sports came with a 12 month warranty when I bought them but I believe I read its been extended a few more months just to show they stand by their products. I've had them on since August and never had a problem with them.
The K Sports can go real LOW. You can pretty much tuck your front and rear tires with the correct offsets.

Quick Reply: Ksport Coilovers installed