E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

just ordered new wheels!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010 | 01:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by bha7176
Thanks. I know this has been discussed to death and I'm an ass for bringing it up - but I can get away with springs only with the sport suspension, right?
Yes you can use springs with sports suspension, with non-sports they recommend you change shocks as well. I would recommend getting a camber kit for the rear as well if you don't want to prematurely wear those tires.

Originally Posted by TakmaN
Nice! A drop is needed next .

Get some coils or get OEM sport springs and you're golden!
He already has OEM sport springs - he has OEM sports pkg bro
Old 04-02-2010 | 01:33 PM
Contributors

Thanks. I know this has been discussed to death and I'm an ass for bringing it up - but I can get away with springs only with the sport suspension, right?

yeah get race springs or sportlines for a nice big drop
Old 04-02-2010 | 02:21 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 14 550i

Looks good! Congrats and I'm glad you don't need spacers.

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 04-02-2010 | 03:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Looks great. Nice choice.
Old 04-02-2010 | 05:24 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

looks great Bryan Im glad youre enjoying them
Old 04-02-2010 | 05:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

looks great!!!!
Old 04-02-2010 | 05:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

They look sharp. Literally and figuratively. Once you drop your car they will look even bigger I bet. Its weird, Im starting to see a bunch of 550s that dont look as low as I've seen them that run on a Sprt Pkg. I guess since yours is relatively newer it hasn't sunk in as much as the older ones? While you have the 172's off I say powde rcoat them to a nice gunmetal and you'll have a sick ass set of winter wheels.
Old 04-02-2010 | 06:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535XI white
Model Year: 2008

By the way, I stood by and watched the entire install, and compared the OE 172's to the new F14's with tires off - to see how much each weighed. They didn't have a scale, so I don't know by how much, but the F14's are LBS lighter than the 172's - if I had to guess I'd say at least 10lbs lighter per wheel.

Handling and feel are perfect - better than the 172's for sure. All my steering wheel vibration and pulling to the right is GONE! They replaced the front right Hankook tire - think it was bad from the test two weeks ago where they swapped sides to see if the pull went away - it did.

So all is good once again. Now I'm waiting for my roof and rear deck spoiler to come in!!!

(I think I need a drop too - just springs with the OEM shocks since I have the sport package???? )
you make me want to order mine so bad, but i need to have my remus quad installed first
Old 04-02-2010 | 06:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i | Titanium Silver | Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation packages | Style 124 staggered rims | iPod integration | Tinted windows

Your car looks great! I actually really like the brushed silver! I think I'm going to for the same set - or VMR's. Just trying to decide...

Originally Posted by pjinca
Yes you can use springs with sports suspension, with non-sports they recommend you change shocks as well. I would recommend getting a camber kit for the rear as well if you don't want to prematurely wear those tires.
Guys, is it only necessary to get a camber kit if you are lowering your car? I have a sports package also and was not planing on lowering my car after installing the 19" wheels. So, I was not going to invest in a camber kit. Can you please advise?

thanks!
Old 04-02-2010 | 09:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by Silver_545i
Your car looks great! I actually really like the brushed silver! I think I'm going to for the same set - or VMR's. Just trying to decide...

Guys, is it only necessary to get a camber kit if you are lowering your car? I have a sports package also and was not planing on lowering my car after installing the 19" wheels. So, I was not going to invest in a camber kit. Can you please advise?

thanks!
According to a mechanic I was just talking too, our cars (550i with sport supsension) already have the necessary adjustment mechanism to adjust the camber and no extra kit needed. Thoughts or experiences -with sport suspension?????

Quick Reply: just ordered new wheels!!!!!