E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Just ordered LED's for eyebrow upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i

Hey fellaz, just ordered the LED's for this upgrade and should be here a couple of weeks. I was just wondering if the people that have done can give me tips on the best way to get that part of. I've read the thread on other members who have done it but I still do not have enough courage to make the first cut. Still not not to confident how to cut into it. Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Contributors

Haven't tried this tool yet. Just got it recently. The Speedball linoleum tool. Google it. I used it in art class in High School. The tool is very sharp and have different cutters. The tool has a tip that gouges. This should make it easier to cut out the circuit board.

Definitely need a desolder tool. Make sure you test the LED before you solder them on.

Seal it good to avoid condensation.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Senior Members

Thanks DK, will look it up and see if I can get here. It seems like it's really hard to cut that board out?!? What's the best thing to seal it back up? Thanks
Old 02-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Contributors

I've used hot glue then black silicone. Worked out fine for about year. Then I used Loctite Epoxy and black silicone. So far so good.

For the LED, make sure you got extra. Some of them might be yellowish.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
I've used hot glue then black silicone. Worked out fine for about year. Then I used Loctite Epoxy and black silicone. So far so good.

For the LED, make sure you got extra. Some of them might be yellowish.
i love this upgrade but for some reason i like my amber eyebrows i think they go really well with my color

maybe its just me!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by rjcastr
i love this upgrade but for some reason i like my amber eyebrows i think they go really well with my color

maybe its just me!
I love the contrast look and sometimes i love the White look. I'm about to do it for my own headlight. (I had it on my previous set of headlights). I wonder if I can do a switch, one for white and one for amber. Now that would be hot!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Or do the eyebrow part white and the side leds amber!

The possibilities! lol!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Senior Members

nigxdoof, didnt you already have this done to your car? And I know you were offering your services before. I was just looking at that headlight today and getting pretty nervous. Wish some one can put a more detailed pic....... I will take a video while I am doing mine, so hopefully it helps the next person.

I do like the amber too but I think its more of the doing the mod and being different from everyone is whats attracting me
Old 02-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by suthurnbimmur
nigxdoof, didnt you already have this done to your car? And I know you were offering your services before. I was just looking at that headlight today and getting pretty nervous. Wish some one can put a more detailed pic....... I will take a video while I am doing mine, so hopefully it helps the next person.

I do like the amber too but I think its more of the doing the mod and being different from everyone is whats attracting me
I did do it. I sold my headlights because I was parting my car out. But I ended up keeping the car so I'm just doing some minor mods on the car.

I might think about a method to do both amber and white. lol. maybe line up those SMD's.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Senior Members

That's what I thought! Yo, is it possible to hit you up in case I get stuck, pls, lol....

Quick Reply: Just ordered LED's for eyebrow upgrade