E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Just installed my rear reflector

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Thanks ot all who helped me out.

Now if i just knew how to attatch image.

Old 08-18-2004, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

When you post, right under the section you write your post in there are the post options, the post icons and then a section called "file attachements". If yu click the button you can browse your harddrive and select the file you want to attach. Then click on "add reply", done...
Old 08-18-2004, 03:49 PM
Contributors

amigo525:
He is right, Iceman had me attaching photos after one attempt. Don't need to preview or anything. Iceman is a very helpful guy.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:13 PM
Contributors

Cool

Thanks guy! and can you believe that I am a software engineer.

But guess what? My mind is so piled up at work that simple thing looks impossible sometimes for me.

Thanks for the help. Will be posting picture in a bit.

I did not read carefullly. I saw the attatchement field.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:13 PM
Contributors

I received and installed the rear reflectors on my E60 today. The installation was a snap...literally!

Here are my two cents...I've hated the black inserts since the day I bought my car. I love the look of the reflectors. They compliment the brake lights nicely, while adding some visual interest to the expanse of the lower bumper.

I don't understand why DOT objects to them. After all, the E46 3 Series coupes and cabriolets and the new 6 Series coupes have red reflectors in the lower bumper. I think they add to the safety of the car by making it more visible at night, especially in inclement weather and when parked on the street.

At least it's great that we have a choice--black, red or painted inserts.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Contributors

can u send us a picture of your car?
Old 08-27-2004, 07:00 PM
Contributors

My US dealer is now offering the reflectors. I asked and they didn't before; so got them from Bekker's. The parts people had other requests like mine and decided to carry them. Odd about laws preventing import on the car. They could at least paint them body color.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 550i - AS, SP, CWP, Nav, L7, Rear Sunshades, PDC, Comfort Seats

My US dealer is now offering the reflectors. I asked and they didn't before; so got them from Bekker's. The parts people had other requests like mine and decided to carry them. Odd about laws preventing import on the car. They could at least paint them body color.

My dealer started supplying them also. They make the car look so much nicer.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545A Dynamic Drive Pkg (Active Steering; Active Stabilization) Sport Pkg, Premium Sound, CD Changer, Rain sensor wipers, Red Rear reflectors

I'm thinking of ordering from Bekkers...and wondering if there are instructions that come with rear reflectors.

You said it was a snap to install... please give some details.

Thanks

Originally Posted by beemerjim' date='Aug 27 2004, 06:13 PM
I received and installed the rear reflectors on my E60 today.? The installation was a snap...literally!?

Here are my two cents...I've hated the black inserts since the day I bought my car.? I love the look of the reflectors.? They compliment the brake lights nicely, while adding some visual interest to the expanse of the lower bumper.

I don't understand why DOT objects to them.? After all, the E46 3 Series coupes and cabriolets and the new 6 Series coupes have red reflectors in the lower bumper.? I think they add to the safety of the car by making it more visible at night, especially in inclement weather and when parked on the street.

At least it's great that we have a choice--black, red or painted inserts.
[snapback]28730[/snapback]
Old 09-26-2004, 11:51 PM
Contributors

It is litteraly a snap. You will want a small flat tip and a cloth. Pry off the plastic and snap the new ones in there.

Quick Reply: Just installed my rear reflector